I (DON'T) Want One of These TVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I (DON'T) Want One of These TVs

Got a fat fancy catalog in the mail today, a camera/tech toy outlet. I bought something from them online a long time ago, can't remember what.

It's a really nice catalog. 30 pound semi-gloss paper, lots and lots of pages. It's good to see paper is still going around these days. And like a premonition, I may be interested in getting a new video camera. Not a need, a "want."

So I gapped the catalog open, a handful of pages, what's in here? Just so happened, where it opened to, right there, the first thing that caught my eye...

Signature G6P - Series
    UHD 3D Smart OLED TV
    77 inch
    $19,997.00

That's right. A twenty thousand dollar television. Man, that's a lot of car parts, beer, gas, tires, food, motel rooms and track fees right there. For a frickin television. Maybe they've only ever sold one of them, so the price is still so high. Who knows. DANG.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Someday soon it will be $499.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
      Someday soon it will be $499.
      That'll take a mighty long while. I'm just blown away....who would spend 20 grand on a TV? I know who wouldn't but I don't personally KNOW anybody who would. I guess I don't hang out in the right circles of people. DANG. NASCAR drivers? NBA players? NFL players?

Comment

This one is a MUCH better deal. 88 inches and CURVED!

Shop Samsung 88" Class LED Curved KS9810 Series 2160p Smart 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. Price Match Guarantee.

​But the place down the road, Fry's, is selling a 65 inch 4K for $499. Sooner or later EVERY TV gets down to $499.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

We've got a 60 inch in the living room that's about to crap. We've had it for years, it's near its time. It's a plasma, it heats up the whole room. When we turn it on the power poles in the neighborhood all lean toward our house. But it doesn't turn on every time when you try to turn it on. One of these days it won't turn on at all.

Don't really need a TV in that room except for football games, it's nice to have. I'd like to replace it with a 70 but those are hard to afford.

Comment

Working...
          X