New old furchild to family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New old furchild to family

My daughter has been doing volunteer work at the local shelter while at school. Two weeks ago we went to pick up some of her stuff as the semester was ending this past weekend. She took us to the shelter, big mistake. There was this 16 year old cat that the owner dumped for a new model. The shelter didn't knowingly participate in this and the woman is banned. Anyway, she is the sweetest little thing. How can someone just dump their pet just because it's old? This cat surely had a death sentence. We didn't pick it up that day. We were trying to figure out the logistics on paper work when my daughter called. The shelter basically pulled the cat out of the cage, gave it to her and shooed her out the back door.

So the cat is home, doing very well and happy and so are we.

Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

she doesn't look a day over 15 years old.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      she doesn't look a day over 15 years old.
      Actually she'll be 16 in July. Over all she appears to be in decent health. We just feel better that her last couple years will be comfortable and be able to see the sun and not fluorescent lights through a grill.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

my mom has 5 cats and 3 dogs in the house--ALL are
        rescue animals. that lady that 'traded in' for a new cat?
        hope her boyfriend/husband does the same to her someday!

what a heartless b*tch.

Comment

Looks like our Flame.. 18-19 or 20 yrs old

Comment

I'm not a cat person AT ALL (among other things I'm allergic) and I have wet eyes. That just hurts my heart. On the other hand, you'll give the old girl love and clearly the previous owner wouldn't have or she wouldn't have traded her in. Spoil her rotten and rub an ear for me.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
              my mom has 5 cats and 3 dogs in the house--ALL are
              rescue animals. that lady that 'traded in' for a new cat?
              hope her boyfriend/husband does the same to her someday!

what a heartless b*tch.
              Wow, that's really a great comeback! love it.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                I'm not a cat person AT ALL (among other things I'm allergic) and I have wet eyes. That just hurts my heart. On the other hand, you'll give the old girl love and clearly the previous owner wouldn't have or she wouldn't have traded her in. Spoil her rotten and rub an ear for me.

Dan
                Believe me, she's been getting a lot of rubs Dan! A friend of ours has a old shelter dog, same thing, the owner dropped off their old dog to be put to sleep. can you image that these pets were sitting at home when the owner just picks them up and dumps them? Everything they've known....gone.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Thank you!!! Hate bad pet owners

Comment

Working...
                  X