No announcement yet.

Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure Ryan will do you well, but don't forget Maximum Motorsports. They get cars around corners, too. The whole corner thing is way outside my (I think they say nowadays) wheelhouse.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
      I'm seeing green! But hey if you want to play!!
      I do like the lowering some and bigger sway bars, makes a huge difference.
      SOLD. I made a post to somewhere, but I don't know where it went.

I bought that. Let's see if I can put that on. Perry and Patrick, come on over here and put that stuff on. I'll drink beer and watch. It's coming, I'm not kidding.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

how many miles on Red??? think of this as the front end maintenance that he already needs..check every ball joint, tie rod end and strut mount. the only thing is, you're replacing stock with better than stock parts, and remember to get a performance alignment after everything is installed...
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
          how many miles on Red??? think of this as the front end maintenance that he already needs..check every ball joint, tie rod end and strut mount. the only thing is, you're replacing stock with better than stock parts, and remember to get a performance alignment after everything is installed...
          111K.

Deer meat, all of it.

Comment

Hey Perry.....yeah YOU Perry....

Sue Unit is insisting, and I agree, I bring Red down there to your garage and you and I put these parts on in your garage.

How's your schedule looking? There will be beer involved of course.

Comment

Dang it, working. Supposed to be on seven off but scheduled to work and then start shift Friday on midnights, three weeks till my next seven off and HRPT I hope. We won't rule it out It'd be a hoot to help out!!
              What did you order? Depending on that it might be possible timewise.
              Last edited by corvettedad; May 7, 2017, 07:07 PM.
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Y'know Pdub, you keep rambling on about difficult upgrades for Red, he may just need headers. The ultimate pain in the ass speed part install!
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Gotta drop the front suspension and K member for headers anyway...
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Didn't these Muffstains come with factory headers?

Comment

Sorry Im just now seeing this P-Dub. Thanks for the message to look this up Silver_Bullet.

So to start off what do you already have done to your suspension?

Switching to a coilover is definitely going to make a night and day improvement due to being able to adjust shock dampening, spring rate, and ride height. You will also be able to get more aggressive with your alignment on track days which will also help with cornering, grip, and turning response.

There are other parts that will help also such as sway bars and adjustable rear lower arms (recommended).

I dont know if you are a member of S197forum.com swing in there and check out the corner carving section. There is a wealth of knowledge that is specific to our cars. Most of them leave pretty informative reviews as to what has worked for them and what hasn't. Here is a link http://s197forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Again, sorry I just now got in on the conversation but if you run into any more questions let me know.
                      CHECK US OUT AT:
                      www.ridetech.com

Comment

Originally posted by RideTech_Ryan View Post

Again, sorry I just now got in on the conversation but if you run into any more questions let me know.
                        Thanks so much Ryan, I'm sure I'll have some questions as we go. You and everyone here have always been instrumental in the crazy things I attempt to undertake.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Thanks so much Ryan, I'm sure I'll have some questions as we go. You and everyone here have always been instrumental in the crazy things I attempt to undertake.

Luckily the coilover install is worlds easier to install than blower setup. I trained some of our dealers on installation on the S197. I think the longest it ever took was a full day. It is essentially a remove and replace of what is already there.
                          CHECK US OUT AT:
                          www.ridetech.com

Comment

Originally posted by RideTech_Ryan View Post

Luckily the coilover install is worlds easier to install than blower setup. I think the longest it ever took was a full day.
                            So, over here it'll be at least a month. I'm not joking. Fortunately we have time. We've got a 'credit" with PDE, we paid for Road Atlanta and didn't go. Dave Auer worked with us, just tell him which event we DO want to go to, and we're in. They're running AMP next weekend, but we can't go. Suspension or not. Work. Work responsibilities.

It's looking like AMP in September and Daytona in December. That's what we're dreaming and scheming, if we can make it happen.

Comment

My vote is still for headers. Make more of a race car out of Red than anything else would. Nastiest install too. More skinned knuckles and bruises per bolt. My only regret is that they are sold with decent coatings these. In the old days you had to strip all the factory paint from all the nooks and crannies and re-paint them or they'd look like rusty mufflers within a year.
                              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                                My vote is still for headers. Make more of a race car out of Red than anything else would. Nastiest install too. More skinned knuckles and bruises per bolt. My only regret is that they are sold with decent coatings these. In the old days you had to strip all the factory paint from all the nooks and crannies and re-paint them or they'd look like rusty mufflers within a year.
                                Every time I put something on Red, I say I'm through. Unit's called me out on that, and it's taken some years. Still adding, still buying.

Comment

Working...
                                X