Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    So? Sub frame connectors aren't a possibility?

They definitely are. IMO the best ones on the market are also made here in Indiana. Call Stifflers( http://www.buystifflers.com/ ). The owner is Brian. He spent years as an engineer for Indy Car Teams. His parts are second to none.
    CHECK US OUT AT:
    www.ridetech.com

Comment

The subs on my 'Stang are no longer made (the company is gone) but they work and are simple, basically structural rectangular tubing. Yep, they're weld-in but I'm good with that. But they were from decades back and I'm sure there is better stuff these days. With 'Stanger being a convert he didn't REALLY stiffen up 'till I did the 6-point from Maximum Morotsports. Now he's a pretty stout ol' fella.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

And spare wheels? Didn't SOMEBODY promise us a Donut and Burnout video a ways back?
        Well, I had the 18x8 tires that came off of the car when I got it. I was gonna put them on 18x8 steelies but I never found a set for virtually free, that's when I was gonna burn up the el cheapo tires that were on Red when I got him.

The when we put the bigger brakes on the back an 8 rim would no longer clear the back calipers, had to have 10's all around. So I gave those tires away to somebody at work and the burnout video never materialized.

I did do some donuts in the rain in the Gear Head Inn parking lot, but didn't film it. The few folks who were watching said I darned near to hit a curb, flailing around. Thinking back is easy, I should have handed Unit the video camera, I just didn't think to. It was SUCH a spur-of-the-moment audacity.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by RideTech_Ryan View Post
          PDub if you want to PM me your email address I can send over our instructions for your viewing pleasure. This might stir up some questions you may have that I can help with.
          Email addy PMed Kind Sir, thanks so much ahead of time!

EDIT: The parts are HERE. The work scene has me on house arrest all of next week, we'll jump on it then.
          Last edited by pdub; May 10, 2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000881.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	643.0 KB
ID:	1157544

Name:	P1000882.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	638.5 KB
ID:	1157545
            The strut closest to the camera has some kind of a keeper on it, The strut second back from the camera doesn't. Trouble already?

Name:	P1000883.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	621.0 KB
ID:	1157546

Comment

Unit's surfing, can't find installation instructions...I sure hope Ryan sends some.

Comment

That "keeper" is just to keep the shock pushed in. It'll be harder to install the expanded one (see how the plunger is pushed out on the one w/o the keeper) but a strong guy (or a heavy one) can push it in and you can secure it like the other one. It probably popped off in transit - look in the box and I'll bet it's there. It looks like you can transfer the existing one to the other shock after you install the squished one. They just do that to simplify the installation on gas-charged shocks - no harm in having it expanded as long as you don't put any force on it that way (you won't).

As with the blower - you CAN do this! (I guess he's a cheerleader)

Dan

Comment

Surely there are installation instructions somewhere! I can't seem to find any. I do see where they say this is Advanced 4hr install. We might be in trouble.

Comment

Notice the sticker on the front of the box... the one that states "!!STOP!! go to www.roushperformance.com download instruction manual before beginning installation..."
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

may have to contact Roush for a hard copy Sue...
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I will try again. Haven't found anything there yet, and it didn't work as an email address. I see it clearly states to download, I just can't find anything to download. Tomorrow is another day.

Comment

Peewee you can handle this, sway bars unbolt and swap out, strut's a little more but not hard. Go to local Advance, O'Reilly's or Auto Zone and rent the spring compressor if needed. Of course if you want to wait a little bit it, swapping it out shouldn't be no more than a day easily taking our time.
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Email sent PDub. Our kit will differ somewhat from the Roush kit. However the Roush kit you have will be just the same as a factory remove and replace. If you run into questions on the install feel free to let me know. I have installed some of those kits as well.
                            CHECK US OUT AT:
                            www.ridetech.com

Comment

I dont think the Roush Kit comes with the upper strut mounts meaning you will have to reuse the factory ones. I would give it a good visual inspection to make sure that it is in good working order as this would be the time to replace the upper strut mount with a factory one.
                              CHECK US OUT AT:
                              www.ridetech.com

Comment

Ryan - I'm not familiar with the newer 'Stangs but do these guys need the adjustable caster/camber system like my '88? If so, this is for sure the time to swap them.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X