• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

super stock was pretty good
    who killed SS/DI ?? ;D

Comment

Those would be the people who stopped buying it and the advertisers who stopped paying to be in it.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Actually, the SS/DI story is not that cleancut. Basically, whatever company owned Petersen Publishing at the time (Willis-Stein, I think) bought the publishing company that did Four Wheeler, Super Stock, and a circle-track magazine that I can't remember the title of right now. Guys like Jimmy Nylund at Four Wheeler and Dick Bergren at the circle-track magazine quit almost instantly. Legendary edit hero Steve Collison was at Super Stock, and he walked out, too. The magazine was killed thereafter.

Comment

I think if a Drag racing magazine was properly done, and properly ran by a good editor, without including circle track stuff, it would SELL......Thier is lots of good stuff they could put in a magazine like that......
          Look at the Money PINKS is making, they made a fortune in Michigans event.....alone, not to mention all the other states.....

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash
            I think if a Drag racing magazine was properly done, and properly ran by a good editor, without including circle track stuff, it would SELL.
            History has shown that not to be the case.

There are three drag mags out there right now. How many do you read?

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
              Originally posted by whiplash
              I think if a Drag racing magazine was properly done, and properly ran by a good editor, without including circle track stuff, it would SELL.
              History has shown that not to be the case.

There are three drag mags out there right now. How many do you read?
              I have no Idea Dave, husband reads them, I will ask him which ones are his favorite, I just look at the pictures ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D at least I tell the truth, My husband says he
              gets playboy for the articles in it..... ;D

Comment

Working...
              X