Turbos and Nitro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbos and Nitro

This comes up from time to time. Theoretically nearly impossible because of the long burn time of Nitro but Dragzine found this video. The car MUST be on fuel because it sounds like a popcorn popper and belches flames in the second video.

Top Fuel Dragsters are the pinnacle of power and acceleration in the sport of drag racing. The obnoxiously loud and insanely powerful blower combo is the stalwart, but what if turbochargers had joined the fray?
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

it is cool to see the experiment is right on the edge of formula 1 doing the same things...1984.
    Stuff was so very sensitive. Just engine shake was disturbing dainty controls.

I have THE 1985 subaru rx engine in my wagon now. Optical disty, running natural due to extinction.

the top fuels being so linear and tried and true..supercharge is just right.
    I bet someone gets a turbo in the game anyway, on todays controls.
    Even companies going on 35 years of turbo are still getting it wrong...just on regular fuel.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 14, 2017, 07:27 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It's been done in NHRA/IHRA somewhere before...late 80s early 90s but was immediately quashed by NHRA. I remember a digger with twin turbos into the supercharger....

Comment

Working...
      X