Went racing this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went racing this weekend.

Had some fun this weekend at the Northwest Nights Motorsports street car event at Bremerton Raceway.

Some much room for things with the seat missing. Makes it easier to drop my daughter of at school in the morning too!

Left work early on Friday, drove 80 miles to the track. Had to cross the Tacoma Narrows to get there.

It rained the second I got there. So my buddy and I retreated to the hotel and the bar and grill across the street.

Finally, some sun and dry pavement on Saturday. All lined up in staging ready to go.

Car hooked reasonably well and was squirly and spun a bit to half-track.

I ran a whole bunch of 11.2s @ 122, which is the same as my previous best. I'm still confident that there's a 10.9x in this combo on motor.

I warmed the nitrous bottle up, couldn't get it above 900psi, but gave it a go anyway. With 100 jets in it, it ran the same exact number...

Function tested EVERYTHING and all is good. Wasn't until I got home that I noticed how light the bottle was when I removed it from the car. I loaned it to a friend end of last season and he made two hits with it. I used a bit while setting up the new plate, heater and purge. Going to weigh it tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it was empty, or very close to it. Interestingly, the log of the run was a bit lean. Would have expected it to be rich.

Anyway, it was time to pack up and battle traffic in Tacoma and Seattle and get home to the family. This picture was taken from a buddy driving a right-hand-drive imported Nissan Skyline.
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Sounds like a great day out .. thanks for sharing!

Comment

You'll get there.
      I would think it'd run rich on an empty nitros bottle..
      Maybe someone was smiling on you by giving you an empty bottle as it mighta gone bad without the extra fuel?
      I probably have it backasswards as usual..

Comment

I'd be most concerned that it didn't run rich - you may have dodged a bullet with the empty bottle because if it had hit, it'd have run dead lean. Still, a good day
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Rain, blooming Scotch broom, Bremerton Raceway...ah, memories!
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

How's the humidity, Bryan? We had a typical Washington day today. Rained at least 2", hail, snow, sunshine, and now it looks like lightning (not because I can hear it but because my Mastiff is firmly lodged under my desk)
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Here's why the nitrous didn't pick up. Guess I should have weighed it first.

So, being low on nitrous is confirmed, but the lean condition recorded on the log is odd. Everything, including the jets confirm it should have been rich no matter what. I found a few leaks in the header that could give a false lean, but that's still not enough.
              1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
              1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Working...
              X