Need Toyota Pickup Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Toyota Pickup Input

ME's cousin just bought a 2007 Toyota Tacoma (the little one) with a 4 cylinder and an automatic and right at 100K miles. Just wondering if anyone has any input on these little guys. She lives in Oregon and is currently in Denver taking care of her 97 year old Mom so either way she's not geographically close enough for me to have gone to check it out so I kind of advised based on my general experience with Toyotas (excellent for an appliance, which is what she needs).

So anyhow, any Achillies Heels?

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; May 26, 2017, 01:28 PM.

They are great little trucks and the 4-banger is bullet-proof. My 2001 has over 140,000 miles and is just broken in.

Comment

Thanks Steve! Your experience was partly what I based my input on though I didn't count the cylinders in yours.

Hers is a 2WD auto - any thing to watch for there?

Dan

Comment

Slippery roads in Denver?
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Her's is a 2WD auto - any thing to watch for there?
          So is mine .. I use Mobil 1 EP every 15,000 miles and Amsoil ATF every 30,000.

Comment

I had a 1980 SR-5 with the R-22 engine. 250K and other than belts, hoses, and plugs just had to replace the water pump. That's from a long time ago, so probably isn't very relevant, but it does speak for their reliability.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              I had a 1980 SR-5 with the R-22 engine. 250K and other than belts, hoses, and plugs just had to replace the water pump. That's from a long time ago, so probably isn't very relevant, but it does speak for their reliability.
              that is the last I know of them as well.
              one of two happy cutomers at the quick lube. A guy with his lincoln, and the broken frame toyota.
              We have no clue how he kept coming back.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

make sure the frame is ok http://autoweek.com/article/recalls/...any-34-billion

Comment

Thanks for that tip, Dave. We'll hope hers isn't one of those but of course I don't know that for sure. She got it from a Toyota specialty used car dealer so hopefully they're up on this and will have checked on it. I'll pass this along to her.

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; May 27, 2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X