New Addition to the Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Addition to the Family

1600 bucks can buy you a 100K mile, clean, V8 powerd crown victoria.

Everything does what it is supposed to do EXCEPT the A/C.

PO said he thought it was the compressor BUT air is blowing it is just not blowing in the car. I suspect it is a mode door/mode door actuator.

Anyway, drove it 40 miles home last night and it was great. Like a V8 powered couch mounted on performance tires. I do not want to give it to the girl. I want it for myself.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

One derby guy bought a police auction vic, loved it so much he decided to drive it instead of his Ranger pickup.. Better gas too!

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      Like a V8 powered couch
      A few summers ago working in Juarez during the day I spent many afternoon hours idling in line at the border station in a Crown Vic, sipping cold drinks. Didn't mind it so much...
      Last edited by Loren; May 31, 2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I am totally in love with this car...I drove it 40 miles home last night through the back roads and on the highway. Damn thing pulls like a freight train, handles amazing for something of this size and the gas milage is quite impressive for a V8 in a land yacht....from a dead stop it'll lay down 60ft of rubber and then it'ss break loose on the 1-2 shift. I may give her my 08 Ram instead of this....Seriously...I like it that much.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

P71 stuff bolts right on.. Handling packages, etc
          Kid LOVES his Police Interceptor..

Fun fact? The Vics are adjustable, seats - steering and pedals so very short folks can drive them.. My kid adjusted 3 that are to be derbied for the granddaughters to drive.. The one that loves them the most is 8 yrs old..
          Last edited by Deaf Bob; May 31, 2017, 09:40 AM.

Comment

And only 50% of the people who see it will ask her what grandma is doing for a car now... logical, absolutely. Tell me, are kids logical these days?
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Joe - I don't know if the CVs are succeptable to the same failure but ME's van needed a new vacuum canister so the flaps in the dash would move. It's a common problem on the vans and I found the fix online - worth a look anyhow.

Glad you like it and it does look granny-fresh. Nothin' wrong with that!

Dan

Comment

The AC relay went out on my Town Car. I got one frome the JY for $0.25! Welcome to the couch on wheels club it's great!
                Last edited by Russell; May 31, 2017, 11:38 AM.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Joe - I don't know if the CVs are succeptable to the same failure but ME's van needed a new vacuum canister so the flaps in the dash would move. It's a common problem on the vans and I found the fix online - worth a look anyhow.

Glad you like it and it does look granny-fresh. Nothin' wrong with that!

Dan

It is possible, it is a common issue with your generation Dodge Ram as well. With the Rams they call it "wild doors" . When manifold press drops the doors shut...their fix was to install these little one way check valves and they worked in some but not all cases (sadly way too familiar with that issue lol!) If these are vacuum controlled then it is possible they are not opening. I'll have to poke around under the dash a bit and do some research. Like I mentioned, the guy says it wont blow...BUT it is blowing...just not in the car...and it wont work on the hot side either...

Hopefully an easy fix but I prepared myself that i may be a bit more expensive....

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    P71 stuff bolts right on.. Handling packages, etc
                    Kid LOVES his Police Interceptor..

Fun fact? The Vics are adjustable, seats - steering and pedals so very short folks can drive them.. My kid adjusted 3 that are to be derbied for the granddaughters to drive.. The one that loves them the most is 8 yrs old..
                    love the car joe.

I spotted an all white p71, contrasted black was just the wheels and mirror.
                    I spoke up to my neighbor (I was playing taxi today) that I may stop if it was still there..
                    sold already.
                    this was just a couple of hours ago.

still a popular car. the granny versions keep all the comforts.
                    I even followed a series of video from the canadian kid who swaps in manuals with ease, using mustang parts.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 31, 2017, 03:34 PM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                    X