Cottonwoods........they all should be napalmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cottonwoods........they all should be napalmed

So the other day I was going to be doing alot of running after work . So I took the targa top off and parked it where it should have been safe . Then I guess the wind shifted . It looked like pop corn popping at a movie theater . Stuff eas blowing all over and out the top !
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

We had a dozen or so cottonwoods when we moved here, back when. They live awhile, get big, then fall over. One landed on the Hobie Cat. Another caught the right-rear corner of Gail's '67 Mustang and bent the whole thing down an inch, I had to have a friend w/ a frame rack pull it back up. They make terrible firewood also.

Comment

I hear napalm sticks to kids.....USMC and pre-Desert Storm training being all Vietnam based......j/s

I've got several Water Maples around me that shed helicopters in the spring and leaves in the fall. Do you KNOW all the little crevices helicopters can find in an uncovered vehicle? Multiply that by four and a half, half because I very much dislike that car and therefore do not clean it.
      Last edited by 68scott385; June 3, 2017, 09:07 PM.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I'd probably use a saw first.

That napalm.. dig into any cargo plane at the junk yard, science will find some.
        I was down on my knees replacing a floor in a kc135.
        we even found active elements.

played tricks on the hangar.

Not a friendly word.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Dan - that's nothing! Here in Kansas the state tree is the cottonwood, and when the cotton is really flying it looks like drifts of snow in the yards. You have NOTHING to whine about. Suck it up.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I can't even spell cotunwood, is that a Yankee tree? Like a walleye, that's a Yankee fish.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Was telling a co-worker to watch where he torched as his "blow" was going near a pile of fluff.. I showed him how flameable it was by lighting a small pile along the shop.. Which....travelled along the wall to an accumulation around, under and almost over the meter for the NATURAL GAS FEED!
              Big flame! Was able to twist the torch gas off and the cutting blow to more and blow it away from the meter..
              Foreman came out.. Saw the burned chuff.. Made us get air hoses and nozzles and blow it all away.. Then wet the area down.
              Was I ever ashaking!

Comment

I know your pain. Our town is full of cottonwoods. the fuzz gets everywhere. Plus my wife is allergic to them.

Tim
                '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
                '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
                2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

Comment

Evidently we are the only part of the country that sells leaf blowers? That would be a hell of a lot quicker for moving most anything than compressed air would be. Unfortunately they do not work that good on my nemesis - the hated helicopters. And yes, they do find their way into every nook & cranny on a car or anything else. I opened the trunk on Laura's Kia the other day & they were completely plugging the upper corners of the trunk lid drainage trough.
                  ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Just remember, making a batch of that stuff takes more Styrofoam packing peanuts than you would think.

Comment

Hear no evil, hear no evil, hear no evil.
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                      X