Clear All

• NASCAR in the RAIN

This is nuts!
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

That was KOOL!
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

You won't see our superheroes doing that. Nearly everyone else does.

Indy Car

Formula One

Even the Aussies

Last edited by oletrux4evr; June 6, 2017, 04:41 AM.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        ... You won't see our superheroes doing that...
        Superheroes - NASCAR?

Did I miss something?

You been watching reruns?

Comment

Wow, now THAT was fun! Great post Stude!

That you-can't-see-out camera shot from the car using RainX, I'll bet for sure the driver could see just fine. That camera set back inside the car is all about backlighting and contrast, cameras just don't like being there.

And I'll bet they would usually pound the heck out of the the gators (rumble strips) on that track in the dry. You better not even look at them too close in the wet, the paint on them will sling you from here to yonder, day over, slick as snot when wet. Shoot, even the stripes on the track will toss you with a lot of side force in the rain.

Huge fun right there, that was great to watch.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            Superheroes - NASCAR?

Did I miss something?

He He He! Them ole boy's can drive, they must have grew up on dirt roads!!👍
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
              Superheroes - NASCAR?

Did I miss something?

I forgot the sarcasm brackets. sorry. I consider NASCAR to be the WWF of auto racing.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

I forgot the sarcasm brackets. sorry. I consider NASCAR to be the WWF of auto racing.
                Me too, but why can't all of their races be that much fun to watch here stateside? Heck that was a BLAST to watch! Let's say every NASCAR track event will will go off ONLY if it rains. The grandstand fans will stay home, but the TV ratings will soar. The TV money pays their bills anyhow, with the grandstands physically shrinking. There's the solution to their dilemma, ONLY run in the rain. And let's find out which ones of the annointed glory kids can actually drive in it.

That was just a HOOT right there! That right there was cool as hell.

Comment

engine braking rather than brakes to keep grip...

I am going to go polish my hurst shifter on my 5 speed...while crying.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Have we all forgotten the Coke 500 at Motegi in Japan? those cars were set up for rain with wipers and goodyear rain tires...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_500_(Motegi) I just wish it had gotten past the exhibition phase....
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
                      engine braking rather than brakes to keep grip...

I am going to go polish my hurst shifter on my 5 speed...while crying.
                      Oh come on Barry, you're a trucker........downshift as necessary then trailer brakes first. Tractor brakes last.
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; June 6, 2017, 06:25 PM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

I never really followed NASCAR. I think one of the reasons was that being a sports car guy back then racing, even autocrosses, were done rain or shine. I have never understood why not racing just because it rains.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                          I never really followed NASCAR. I think one of the reasons was that being a sports car guy back then racing, even autocrosses, were done rain or shine. I have never understood why not racing just because it rains.
                          I couldn't possibly agree any more with that. That video right there, not only is it a road course that's camera-coverage-friendly for the whole lap, but it's raining. Why in the WORLD do they not do that all the time, rain or shine? I'll still go back to the race fans in the stands, when it starts raining on a race track they will leave. Football fans don't leave. They camp out in the rain and still want to see the game if it's a good one.

Comment

Peewee has a point.
                            A Green Bay Packers game at home would not be the same without a foot of snow coming down and freezing temps.
                            However, drag racing in the rain doesn't seem like a good idea at all.
                            Last edited by studemax; June 12, 2017, 04:57 PM.
                            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Agreed Stude, but the other (excluding NASCAR) have a fix........rain tires! A little less speed, but more racing.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                              X