Selling my Nova...buying a corvette!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my Nova...buying a corvette!

Hey guys, I'm selling the old girl and looking to get a new one! It hurts a little, but in the long run I know it's the right thing to do...much more practicle for my needs now and it is still a 'muscle' car. Whaddya think?

Current ride:

Future ride:

Re: Selling my Nova...buying a corvette!

At the end of the day, it's your car and if this is what you want to do, then do it. The Z06 is an amazing car and is already an icon. I dont know of any other car you can buy brand new that would replace your nova better. So have fun with it... and dont baby it too much.

Is this the exact car your looking at buying? or would you order one?

Bill

Comment

that's a heck of a nice nova, sadly, I'd also choose the vette :-\

Comment

Thanks guys. No, not the vette I'm buying. One like I will have after the Nova sells. I want a silver one, so that is the pic I posted of me @ the local dealer when I went to look at them. I will be purchasing a used one, too much $$$ for a new one for me!!!

Comment

love the nova, personally i wouldnt trade it for the corvette but then im a mopar guy so i would trade it for a viper but then again as cool as new cars are i still prefer muscle cars.

Comment

If I were you,
            I would buy an used Corvette, and put it's drivetrain under the Nova and have the best of both worlds... ;)
            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I did the same thing you are thinking of doing a few years ago love my vett z06. just started a new project to be done this summer. i hope

Comment

Wow, that's a tough call. Virtually nothing can touch a ZO6, but it's "just" a new Corvette. The Nova is not as practical (perhaps), but is more personal and unique. If I could only have one car I'm not sure what I'd do.

Comment

It is tough. I have alot into her. Blood, sweat, time and $$$. I do LOVE that car. The wife can't stand it though :'( I would like to be able to incude her into my 'hotrod' lifestyle so I thought we'd be able to take some long trips, visit the corvette museum, etc in it.

I have been torn with the very thought of what you posted: "just a new Corvette". What's it going to be in 5 years or so---just an old used vette. Now, my Nova on the other hand...turns heads everywhere it goes. It is one wild ass, radical street car. And it will always be a classic muscle car. But----one must do what one must do. I am actually excited about getting a 'vette and doing some different stuff with it that I can't do in the Nova. (might try some road track days, long hauls, etc) + the drag racing!!

So I will see what happens and keep all posted. I thank everyone for their kind words and comments...keep them coming!

Later,
                  Scott

Comment

Well , I'm the opposite of Dave, if I could only have one it would be the Vett ( but only if its really going to be a Z06 ), Because , easier to replace/repair if something bad happens/or the worst. Less cantankerous ,easier on fuel ,more comfortable, road trips.Probably just as fast in the 1/4 and with blow it away in EVERY other catagory.Oh yeah mpg you can have more fun because you can drive further for the same money.Now the only problem is this , I think you still have something to drive most of the time which puts the nova back into the game . Also if you buy the vett some people will try to fit you into the vett mold /stereo type .HAHA I would like the have your problem . Good luck!!!

Comment

Well hell if ya can afford that big fountain in your front
                      yard, you're sure as hell can afford that new 'Vette........ ;D

Comment

lucky dog either way. :D
                        what size tires are you running on the nova, I like the way they look, thinking of having a similiar size for my elcamino.
                        HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Originally posted by bowtiemonster
                          what size tires are you running on the nova, I like the way they look, thinking of having a similiar size for my elcamino.

;D I wish!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowtiemonster

325/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Radials

Comment

thanks for the info I'll put it to good use. :D
                              HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X