No announcement yet.

Selling my Nova...buying a corvette!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Selling my Nova...buying a corvette!

Are you in San Diego? That dealership looks familiar...

Comment

Nope, about as far away as possible...Southwest Florida. ;D

Comment

I had a cts v with a little nitrous, closest thing I will ever have to a vette any time soon. I felt like a super hero when I drove it. Nothing like 160 plus mph capability and a butt heater in the seat. I would take the vette in a heartbeat. Build another Nova later. Only a damn fool would who never drove that caliber of car would give you shit about it. It looks like you lived your Nova dream already, move on to another one.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

OK Fine! As long as it's a Z06 though!

John

Comment

Originally posted by Novanutcase
            NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

OK Fine! As long as it's a Z06 though!

John

Yep, it will be a Z06, either a 2006 or 2007. (Don't worry I'll have another Nova in the future...prolly with a turbo'd ls-7 under the hood!!! )

Comment

So how much for the Nova???

Comment

I'd keep the Nova, but then I'm also biased ..
                ;)

Comment

Dude, thats a tough call. I think I would keep the chevy II though. When was the last time you saw a chevy II on the road? I see at least 6 or 7 new z06's at the local dealer everyday on my way to work. Old cool cars are special and show the personality of the owner, especially if they are owner built. I was thinking about doing the same thing about 5yrs ago. I chose to keep my chevy II and buy an old 'vette instead. Old cars tend to increase in value, ( if they are desirable) new cars don't. If you are a little bored w/ the nova, change it. You could change the wheels, build a new motor, or change the whole vibe of the thing; give the pro-touring thing a shot. They ain't making Chevy II's anymore. But then again I am biased I have three Chevy IIs. If you do decide to sell, a new z06 does everything well. You can't really go wrong with either.

Comment

Originally posted by ADV1
                    So how much for the Nova???
                    I have my ad here on the swap meet if you need more info or specs.

I'm asking $52,500/obo.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1966-100 cdan
                      Dude, thats a tough call. I think I would keep the chevy II though. When was the last time you saw a chevy II on the road? I see at least 6 or 7 new z06's at the local dealer everyday on my way to work. Old cool cars are special and show the personality of the owner, especially if they are owner built. I was thinking about doing the same thing about 5yrs ago. I chose to keep my chevy II and buy an old 'vette instead. Old cars tend to increase in value, ( if they are desirable) new cars don't. If you are a little bored w/ the nova, change it. You could change the wheels, build a new motor, or change the whole vibe of the thing; give the pro-touring thing a shot. They ain't making Chevy II's anymore. But then again I am biased I have three Chevy IIs. If you do decide to sell, a new z06 does everything well. You can't really go wrong with either.

I hear you bro...but if ya read some of my earlier posts: 'the wife hates it' I only have room for 1 car, and I want to be able to do more with my hotrod and the mrs. So, I figured that a Z06 should do all of the above pretty well and still be a muscle car.

The biggest concern of mine was the whole issue of a 'vette being just another vette on the road' and that the Nova is a HUGE head turner while driving around and that the Nova will only increase in value due to the fact that they aren't making them anymore.

It's not easy, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I love my Nova and always will. I have alot in her--I watched her transform into what it is today...

Comment

Ok, im going to be honest so bear with me. I do not mean to offend, but no one else has said it so im going to.....dude your making a huge mistake IMO. Your ChevyII is badass and absolutly done right, to what looks like no expense was spared. That is a seriously cool car,and there isnt another one like it because you made it, and I for one am unbelieveably f'ing jealous. So heres the truth from my keyboard.... It has the kind of "cool old car" factor that the corvette will probably never have, that I think you will miss as soon as you sell it. To me nothing is more fun that just getting into an old classic and driving. It dosent even have to be fast. Ive got and old POS 71 chevy C-10 that I enjoy driving just because its and old car. Its the nostalgia, smell, and sound of an old classic. Its the complete lack of anything modern. If a Z06 is absolutly what you want, then youre getting a pretty cool ride in return for your ChevyII. But to me That Z06 is no where in the same realm of cool as your ChevyII. Its your car and your money so its your call and i just figured id give my 2 cents.....sorry i hope this dosent come across as me being a dick.

Comment

E X A C T L Y !!!

Comment

Originally posted by 73Nova
                            Ok, im going to be honest so bear with me. I do not mean to offend, but no one else has said it so im going to.....dude your making a huge mistake IMO. Your ChevyII is badass and absolutly done right, to what looks like no expense was spared. That is a seriously cool car,and there isnt another one like it because you made it, and I for one am unbelieveably f'ing jealous. So heres the truth from my keyboard.... It has the kind of "cool old car" factor that the corvette will probably never have, that I think you will miss as soon as you sell it. To me nothing is more fun that just getting into an old classic and driving. It dosent even have to be fast. Ive got and old POS 71 chevy C-10 that I enjoy driving just because its and old car. Its the nostalgia, smell, and sound of an old classic. Its the complete lack of anything modern. If a Z06 is absolutly what you want, then youre getting a pretty cool ride in return for your ChevyII. But to me That Z06 is no where in the same realm of cool as your ChevyII. Its your car and your money so its your call and i just figured id give my 2 cents.....sorry i hope this dosent come across as me being a dick.
                            Nope, don't worry, no offense taken. This is why I posted this thread. Feedback.

#1: I DO NOT have to sell the Nova
                            #2: You are correct--it is a badass car and I did do it right. I do love the car.
                            #3: Again, that is the bigggest thing that is bothering me----old car coolness vs new car 'just another oneness'
                            #4: Now, the Z06 is not absolutely what I want...it seems to be my most viable option right now. I would like to include the mrs in alot of my 'hotrod' stuff that I do, and right now, she does not partake in it. OK, OK, I know alot of you guys are saying I'm soft or whatever, but I enjoy spending time with her and would like to include her in this portion of my life. So, I figured the Z would be able to do double duty--hot rod stuff, cruises with the mrs, and be a somewhat 'weekend driver', as well as being able to take some nice long cruises up to Carolina and the Blue Ridge mountains.
                            #5: I will MISS it to death...I built this thing to my specs with my own hands!! It is seriously one incredible, bad ass, head turning ride.
                            #6: I WILL have another 'real' hot rod again. It may be when I retire or in 5 more years, but I will. This I am sure of.

Again, I don't think that you're a dick or even an A-hole! Thanks for your comments and keep them coming.

NOW COME ON AND SOMEBODY MAKE ME AN OFFER ON MY NOVA SO I CAN GET THIS OVER AND DONE WITH AND YOU GUYS CAN STOP TELLING ME THAT I AM MAKING A MISTAKE AND START COMPLEMENTING MY NEW 'VETTE!!!!!!!!!!!! :-* :-*

Comment

Originally posted by 1Bad66
                              NOW COME ON AND SOMEBODY MAKE ME AN OFFER ON MY NOVA SO I CAN GET THIS OVER AND DONE WITH AND YOU GUYS CAN STOP TELLING ME THAT I AM MAKING A MISTAKE AND START COMPEMENTING MY NEW 'VETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              NOPE ! AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN ...

Comment

Ill make you a deal...Ill give you 2 grand for that thing, not a penny more. Your wife will be happy its gone and you can buy an exaust for your new vette!!

Comment

Working...
                                X