No announcement yet.

Selling my Nova...buying a corvette!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Selling my Nova...buying a corvette!

LOL, that's mean ;D

But,
    What does she actually think about you now wanting to sell your car and go for something else?
    Does she 'really' want to be into this 'hotrod-stuff'?

(I'm no impliying anything, just trying to find out what the wife's thinking and perhaps preventing someone from making a mistake he already knows he will regret, and just hopes the 'reward' will make up for that.

Are you sure the 'vette will include the mrs. into your hotrod-stuff?

Reason for saying, I've seen first hand guys selling their pride and joys just because the wife couldn't care less about it and sometimes even showed signs of 'hate' against a car... (You spend more time with that car then with me)
    Without trying to sound too much like Dr.Phil, if this if the case here, I don't think the Nova is the 'problem'.
    To make things worse, the guy who sold his stuff to please the wife, eventually ended up without his car AND his wife.
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Hey 73, sounds like I make out like a bandit with that deal!!!

Hey Big Block Mopar: yeah, I have talked about it with her and she said she would love to go do the Poer Tour, a trip up to Carolina/mountains, or even a cross country trek to the other coast! I can dig all that man. She digs the car show/cruise in scene too. I would love to do any of those. So I think in the long run, it will be better for all parties involved. No, never said that the Nova is a problem. I go out and do all my 'hotrod' stuff solo. Just wanted to be able to include my better half. Thanks Dr Phil!!!!! :-*

Comment

Ok that sounds cool. I'll won't charge you for this consult then... :D

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Okay, I understand about wanting to include the Mrs.. Does she know how much hell you are catching from all over the WORLD from us nova guys? That nova is sweet, how many hours did you work on it? How much beer was drank around that car with your buddies? How many of lifes other problems were solved while you worked on the car and talked to your friends? Even at $52k, I bet you probably have more in it than that. If you want to throw all that away, fine, it's your car. Don't make a mistake that could change the course of your life, forever!

At this point I will put out the call to all my nova brethren: " We must rally around our brother and save him from himself"

Comment

Originally posted by 1966-100 cdan
            Okay, I understand about wanting to include the Mrs.. Does she know how much hell you are catching from all over the WORLD from us nova guys? That nova is sweet, how many hours did you work on it? How much beer was drank around that car with your buddies? How many of lifes other problems were solved while you worked on the car and talked to your friends? Even at $52k, I bet you probably have more in it than that. If you want to throw all that away, fine, it's your car. Don't make a mistake that could change the course of your life, forever!

At this point I will put out the call to all my nova brethren: " We must rally around our brother and save him from himself"

Yeah, she knows. She thinks it's funny all you guys breaking my balls!

I have too many hours to count man. I do have alot more into it.

Rally up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1966-100 cdan
              I tried...it didnt work. So i made him an offer!! My $2,000 still stands and as far as I know im the highest bidder.....whens the auction end??

Comment

OK, my offer is $2,001 and a beer of his choice !!!
                :o

Comment

Ok, so I don't have a Nova, but it's an X-body, I feel included. Keep the Nova!!!! I've got a great idea to include the wife:

Buy her some kind of truck or SUV with a tow package and make your road trips with the Nova in tow.

The Nova says, "I love this car, I know my sh!t, look what I can do!" the Z06 says, "look what I can write a check for" (not meaning for that to come across as insulting, nothing wrong with making money).
                  True though, these days people drive cars like that Nova without really appreciating what they are, and there are plenty of people driving Z06s because of what they can do and their pedigree. But I'm just talking first impressions.
                  I'd keep the Nova and maybe re-do the suspension or something to make it more enjoyable on long rides, but I don't think I could sell it.

On the other hand, if you're dead set on selling it; Can I make payments? $50 a week X 1040 weeks = I'll have it payed off completely in 20 years!
                  I hate being poor.

Comment

Alright I've got caught up again ! Just had a stroke of Genius ,rent a corvette for a weekend trip .Doesn't have to be a zo6 your just going to be cruising anyway .If she likes it as well as expected than by all means ..........you have my blessing!

Comment

Originally posted by 1Bad66
                      Originally posted by Novanutcase
                      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

OK Fine! As long as it's a Z06 though!

John

Yep, it will be a Z06, either a 2006 or 2007. (Don't worry I'll have another Nova in the future...prolly with a turbo'd ls-7 under the hood!!! )
                      How about a supercharged one! BUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

John

Comment

Oh yeah John! I just gave you a reply on "Steves" about your pics. I would rather twin turbo her instead! Yeah!!! :o

Comment

Working...
                        X