Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearly I have the wrong job

Doing it all wrong since 1966

The dream job.... I could deal with that.......
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Newton's First Law. Would have had better results on a curve, I'll bet.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

They should have just asked the French Resistance. In March of 1944 they were already busy blowing up Natzi trains in preparation for D-Day. Seventy-three years ago today.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Comment

At the high school I attended, there was a guy who did a lot of acid. LSD and stuff. I got into a conversation with him one day, he said his dream career would be in cattle placement.

Cattle placement. I asked him - What is that? He said, "Well ya know there's a really nice field beside the road, and everybody drives by it. And the cows are out there...a brown one under the tree, a black and white spotted one drinking from the pond, and lots of others spaced out evenly across the whole field. Cattle placement. That's what I want to do."

That's the last conversation I ever had with that guy. I wonder what happened to him.

Not that this topic has anything to do with that, but that's what it brought to mind.

Carry on.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

it was as real as anything else in his life... probably know the same guy, fermented kiwis on his window sill then drank it.... designs jets now.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                it was as real as anything else in his life... probably know the same guy, fermented kiwis on his window sill then drank it.... designs jets now.
                It's funny how that affected me, that one conversation. A different world, a whole different point of view. Not necessarily one I'd like to have. But driving past a field full of cows, every time, I think...."Nice placement." I can't get away from it.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                X