Road Atlanta Next Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Atlanta Next Weekend

Here it comes, a single digit number of days away. We've just about decided as far as fun factor, this is a lot of what we look forward to. Here's the participant list so far, a little more than a week away, look at all they've got going on in a two-day weekend! We are HPDE 2, 20 cars registered so far in our run group if I'm counting correctly:

There's even an Exomotive, I had to look that up to see what it was:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ExomotiveExocet2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	1162354
    VROOM! I'll pipe down and act like it's just another thing, another day like at work. I won't type a thing about it while we're there and after we get back home. Nope, I won't clog BS with posts about it. After all, it's still a little over a week away. I'll hush.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I'm guessing by looking at it is a tube framed and caged miata . Right ?
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
      I'm guessing by looking at it is a tube framed and caged miata . Right ?
      I have no idea. Will it pass us, or we we pass IT? I've got no clue.

Comment

I would say in the straights you'll pass him but if he is going to close the gap in the turns . I'm gonna look it up .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I hate to say this but, looking at exomotive's website, it can be set up with a chevy LSX.......imagine a cage car with 450 plus cubes!!!! I think it'll need a bigger wing!!!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            I think it'll need a bigger wing!!!
            I think we'll need a bigger blower....

Comment

Look in foward to your thoughts after all your improvements.

There is always build your own Locost. Or the vette hack. Does Factory Five have a Cobra kit that Red's parts would bolt on? Loose 1500 pounds
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

The transition out of 7 onto the mile-long back straight.....coming down the hill in10-A, that's a weird seat-of-the-pants feeling. It feels like you're going to lose control of the car right there. I was afraid to go much faster than 125. My mind out there on the track said don't go faster. I think that was the body roll, that weird ass sideways feeling going down the hill into 10A. The body roll is fixed.

Standing around with the other drivers they were all throwing out numbers. "I made 135 down the back straight." "I made 140." Okay, let's see. Red's ready. Let's go.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  I hate to say this but, looking at exomotive's website, it can be set up with a chevy LSX.......imagine a cage car with 450 plus cubes!!!! I think it'll need a bigger wing!!!
                  Yeah it's miata based . WOW, that with anything in the 400 horse area would be a scream .

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Yeah it's miata based

Anything with a tube frame is not "based" on anything. Maybe vaguely shaped like something, but it's not the "anything." Like NASCARs, they were never Fords or Chevys or Toyotas or anything anymore, just hotrods built in a shop from the ground up. And shaped like something, nearly.

But I'll bet that "thing" blows Red's doors off on the track. It's in our run group. I'll have video of it. I won't post it.

Comment

I know we're having fun here and it really comes down to who is writing the definitions , but in this case miata suspension will bolt to it .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I know we're having fun here and it really comes down to who is writing the definitions , but in this case miata suspension will bolt to it .
                        I won't post the video of that thing lapping Red over and over at Road Atlanta. Y'all won't have to see that.

Comment

From what I read it sounds like you could use a miata as a donor car. The chase is just a roll cage.

Some day I want to build a car, but right now I can't even get the rearend back together in my mustang.

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                            Some day I want to..
                            Someday, in the not too distant future, I'm gonna retire and say I've had way too much fun already. Because when I retire I'm not gonna be able to afford to race, it costs too much money. But it sure is a shitpot full of fun to do it. Until we stop. Tires. Damn tires cost too much money. Never mind parts. But it sure is fun. WAY too much fun.

Comment

When you retire you will have more time but less / no income. Right now I have no time or money, work, kids, house payment, daycare payment.

If your not working and not racing what will you do with all your free time? Might have to work a little so you can race alittle You don't want to run out on money, but remember you can't take it with you either.

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X