Road Atlanta Next Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monster View Post
    With all the advertisements and popup screens, I had to reload it five times just to manage to watch it. Interestingly, with all the forums I'm on, I've never seen anybody else ever using it. Just my observations .. some free content hosting sites are better than others.
    Ewwwww. Okay, I'll YouTube from now on, didn't know all of that was going on.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I personally did not have any issues with it... but, FWIW, youtube is the standard....
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
        youtube is the standard....
        I have never had problems with YouTube.

Comment

I have never had problems with YouTube.
          And so it shall be. Next time.

Comment

Actually, I'm surprised that you haven't been already. Where or how did you hear about that other site in the first place ?

Comment

Actually, I'm surprised that you haven't been already. Where or how did you hear about that other site in the first place ?
              When I first got on here, I was looking at the video posting options. DM was one of them. So, okay. I didn't have any idea what I was doing, of course. Still don't.

Comment

We all know you have an idea Pdub.....
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

What does it "do" on your end Steve?
                  My end? Blank screen! Hard to refind BS!
                  Last edited by Deaf Bob; June 29, 2017, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

My end? Blank screen! Hard to refind BS!
                    Daily Motion, "You're FIRED!"

I sorta would have wished for such specific feedback a lot sooner, I'm sorry for all the trouble guys.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Daily Motion, "You're FIRED!"

I sorta would have wished for such specific feedback a lot sooner, I'm sorry for all the trouble guys.
                      It only been that way about 6 months for me, worked email betterer.. Other guys seemed to beable to watch them,
                      I'm always told I need to upgrade my iPad..so I say nothing..

Comment

Up in the middle of the night, thinking....not about which video posting outlet, just thinking, and that's dangerous. It can't go well, when I'm thinking.

Did the land speed thing in Ohio three times. Quite the experience. We've done road courses more times than I can count and remember, I like that better, the driving.

But the land speed thing is more of a brotherhood. The waiting in line, that's part of it. At the road courses you wait, too. Wait to run on the track.

At land speed you end up talking with everybody around you in line. Everybody is willing to share their experiences, talk freely about the car. It really is like a whole bunch of friends you've never met.

Track day at a road course, not so much that way. There's a certain aura, sort of a separatist mood about it...I've got a Porsche and you've got a Mustang, so don't talk to me sort of thing going on. It's hard to explain or describe, and maybe I'm all wrong with that perception. But it's there, it's real.

Here's the news - at Road Atlanta last time out, I nearly caused a wreck and I didn't even know it. The guy came up to me after the run, searched me out in the pits and in a most friendly way let me know he was most displeased with what I did out on the track.

He was behind me on the last lap of the run. I was watching him in the mirror, he was catching up with Red, about to devour us on the last lap, yeah I saw him. We came down the hill to the checkered flag, the end of the run.

I saw the flag and I let up and waved at the flag man. That's what you do. I backed off the throttle, relax. Well, the hotrodder behind me was running full throttle down the hill. Wide ass open go to hell, win or die, committed to the downhill turn 12 with the suspension loaded up on the driver side and when I backed off of the throttle, he had to miss me.

His point was, RACE THROUGH the checkered flag.

Okay. It took a lot of times on that track before I ever heard or learned that. I think I know that now. I also know we probably won't do Road Atlanta again. Just sayin'. Been there, done that. And escaped after numerous times with life and the car intact.

Comment

Derby is kinda like the road course tracks. Hornet cars (small FWD cars that bump to pass ona course) think they are the show and deserve the bigger price money
                          Then the chain n go guys think cuz their cars "look" more wrecked, they deserve the prize $$
                          But the real guys run "modified" or "unified" rules have built motors/tranny/rears and all the stuff that goes with..
                          The others glare at us, "You guys are ruining derby" But all the big shows are "modifieds" or "unified". They can flat out move on 3 flat tires
                          Yeah there is a snob factor in sports

Comment

Did I say how much I love LSR? I really think it stays so great because there is no money in it.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              Yeah there is a snob factor in sports
                              I think there is, but again it may just be my perception, and I may be wrong. I don't want to misrepresent the whole deal with track days. But it sure does feel like that.

And the biggest thing to me is, those damned new store-bought cars are fast. All of them. I mean even on the straightaway, just mash the gas, DANG they are fast, all of them. Red's got the blower and the Roush suspension and we're out there genuinely in the way. It's frustrating, even on the long straightaway, that's not the driver, that's the car. You can buy more car right now than you could ever build, if you want to afford it. Just sayin, and I reckon the ego comes along with the checkbook. Just sayin.

Comment

Red can be built up to match those new cars...
                                Thing is.. The new cars are special built with all that stuff we build (buy?) and install..
                                Much bucks..

Comment

Working...
                                X