2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
    2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
    2012 Power Tour Long Haul
    2012 Northeast Rod Run
    2013 Northeast Rod Run

stay in your lane -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Stay at the Gearhead Inn between Bryson city and Cherokee. Tell them you're a Bangshifter. Owners Jim and Mary are fantastic!
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
        stay in your lane -
        Anywhere!

Comment

I have a buddy who wiped out BADLY on a bike there. My advise (from him) - drive it at least once just cruising before you attempt to do it in haste. Let your brain soak up how the curves stack up, etc. so everything doesn't take you by surprise. He says you won't remember it all after one drive but you'll have at least a general idea of how the course - er - road fits together.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            ... a general idea of how the course - er - road fits together.

Dan
            Er, it doesn't (fit together). 313 curves in 11 miles.

And ditto stay at the Gear Head Inn In Whittier. It's a don't miss.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

We will be doing it and Moon Shiner's run on the week of the Fourth of July... Paying attention to your wonderful advice!
              Last edited by silver_bullet; June 26, 2017, 04:19 PM.
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                We will be doing it and Moon Shiner's run on the week of the Fourth of July...
                Are you still going to stop by here Patrick? You called us on the home phone, don't have your cell number. PM required!

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Yes.... PM sent...
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    We will be doing it and Moon Shiner's run on the week of the Fourth of July... Paying attention to your wonderful advice!
                    we will be there from the 5th till sunday staying at the Gearhead Inn Black 2000 TrnsAm Convertible
                    2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                    2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                    2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                    2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                    2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                    2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                    2012 Northeast Rod Run
                    2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

We will have to see how timing works out...if we don't run across each other, safe travels to you my friend...
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I probably have over 800 miles spent on the dragon, (old timers call it by the real name, Deals Gap) in both sports car and sport bike. It is TIGHT. REAL TIGHT!!! You will get way over your head very easily if not VERY careful. Never cross the double yellow and keep a sharp eye for others who do. Running it north to south is completely different than south to north. It's like learning a whole new road. Even us old timers who have run it for years never run it more than 75% of max, and that's only if you have a buddy along! By yourself-60%. The Cherohala Hwy is also a fantastic road with big carving sweepers and over 5800' elevation. It is only about 30 min from the Gap. Good luck

Comment

Just plannin' on cruisin... nothin' more...
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I would agree with Superman , It's quite different one direction from the other . I think it's easier or safer from tenn. to n.c. than n.c. to tenn. On my first run in the old trans am GTA , I was taking all the turns in my lane when I hit a dip that threw me into the on coming lane . I had no other problems in my 66 miles on the Dragon . I like the new name , taming the dragon sounds cool , taming deals gap .......not so much .
                            Last edited by Dan Barlow; June 27, 2017, 07:51 PM.
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

will have to watch for the dips then.. mental note taken....
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                              X