Success Via Deformity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Via Deformity

First of two days at Road Atlanta, second run. Call to the grid. Jump in. Strap in. Helmet on. Turn the key.

Nothing. Not even a click. Red was as dead as a Food Lion flounder. Unit was saying, we need to get a jump! 2 1/2 hours from home, our run group leaving to go out onto the track ....a jump. Agreed, that would get us started, but what happened? Running and then not running. What thu?

It occurred to me at that moment that Red's ground connection has always been sketchy. Maybe that's come loose again. A few wrenches, various and sundry streams of profanity, wiggled and tightened Red's ground connection, he fired right up. I felt like a hero, actually diagnosed and FIXED something.

Off to the track, in the middle of the run. It didn't matter, Red got his doors blown off anyhow.

But the battery connection, this afternoon I "fixed" it. It's not shaped the same as it was, and the way it was shaped was not functioning the way we need it to.

Modification via channel locks and rubber mallet and it's on there. He cranks, he's happy. And I didn't destroy the battery by beating on it like a mad man. At least I don't think so. Some folks build engines from the ground up. Some other folks are proud to make the battery connection work right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000912.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	591.0 KB
ID:	1164697

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Good job PW.

Now, shit can the crappy OEM battery terminals, and buy a set of good terminals.

Comment

Handful of BAKING SODA mixed in water to a slurry, put in a baggy, stick th terminal end of the cable into the mixture.. Let soak a few minutes then rinse off.. Should be squeaky clean!

Comment

Working...
      X