That Damned Weedeater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Damned Weedeater

Patrick and Tammy and Sean are on the way here, on their great adventure. Patrick said directly, "Don't make a fuss about us coming."

And I asked, "What is a "fuss?" But now I get it, what a "fuss" is. It's human nature to make the place look better than it usually does when company's coming. It's just human decency, I guess. And a good reason to clean the place up.

That damned weedeater. I'd much rather go to the dentist and get a wisdom tooth pulled than to run that damned weedeater. And I've done both of those things. I prefer the dentist. Much so.

The weeds, there's been much said about Roundup and stuff, those weeds thrive on Roundup. You can put a whole gallon on a single one of those weeds, and they perk up. Right there smiling, "You think that was something, what ELSE ya got, asshole?"

That damned weedeater. It's a battery powered model, I tossed the gas powered one out by the street with a sign on it, "Please take me home with you." Gas can and all, right there on display on the sidewalk. Every bit of it. And some aimless victim actually took it, God help them.

The battery powered model is much lighter than the gas one. It takes 8 hours to charge it up and it will run for about 9 minutes, slowing down the whole time. The first one minute is the best, tearing the mass-produced bastards to shreds, they're screaming...."You can't KILL me...I'll be BAAAAAACK...."

Until the string flies out of it after 4 minutes and it's gone. That's my favorite part, re-stringing it. Yeah, that's huge fun. Dammit.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I told you not to make a fuss!!!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Now you've got Tammy thinking about the damned weeds that will be taking over her garden!!!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
        Now you've got Tammy thinking about the damned weeds that will be taking over her garden!!!
        I'm not sure if I've heard of it, but maybe "Weedsitter" may be a legitimate profession for somebody with time on their hands.
        Last edited by pdub; July 3, 2017, 05:32 AM.

Comment

You're using the wrong tool, PDub. Try the telephone - works for us.

Dan

Comment

*&^%%$$##@@

Comment

*&^%%$$##@@
              Now Pdub is quoting Wile E. Coyote....

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I figure for what I spent on lawn equipment over the years I could have hired it done for my whole lifetime but I THOUGHT I was saving money. I'm convinced that was false economy, especially when we're both allergic to grass (it's gotten worse with age). But maybe if you don't have cat allergies you don't have grass allergies? ME and I have both.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  I figure for what I spent on lawn equipment over the years I could have hired it done for my whole lifetime but I THOUGHT I was saving money. I'm convinced that was false economy, especially when we're both allergic to grass (it's gotten worse with age). But maybe if you don't have cat allergies you don't have grass allergies? ME and I have both.

Dan
                  I keep an eye on the neighborhood. When our yard is the very worst one of all of them, standing out how unkempt it is, I'll mow it. With a lousy attitude on the riding mower cussing about it the whole time and that takes all of about 10 minutes. In the perfect world, I'd sell the yard and keep the house. It's nothing but a pain the the arse.

Those lawn care professionals.....those commercials on TV....no, I've got far better things to do, and that includes doing nothing most of the time, and I'd much rather not do THAT for sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X