It's time to forgive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time to forgive

Finnegan for his Corvette Museum comment....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

block is no good. Heads, block, the whole thing..trans included.
    junk.

when gm goes low power, the chassis proves to be a wimp to match it.. they got away with that.
    that car makes me angry.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I thought Superman's Vette from 1980 had the lowest powered engine ever put in one. But he fixed that, with interest.

I watched the whole thing and didn't catch any comment about the Corvette museum. But I'm slow on the uptake. Especially today. Really dadgum slow.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

On Roadkill, they bought a 77 Corvette, drove it, got mad at it because it was "a pos" - quite frankly, it was better then most - drove to the Corvette Museum right after the sink hole happened and tried to convince the Corvette Museum rep to let them "fill the hole with another Corvette".... the look on his face when he realized they weren't joking - I mean seriously, the museum just lost priceless Corvettes, the place is dedicated to Corvettes and they were being juvenile (at best) and malicious at worst. I was impressed by the manager because had it been me Finnegan and Freiburger would have been the next victims in the hole.... classless and clueless all in one sentence.

Which informs on why, when Finnegan came on here, I was less then cordial.
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 3, 2017, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I get your point, Aaron.. Years ago I was asked to do the derby in the Colesium in Portland.. The promotor wanted to drive over my car.. A guy in the arena came up, motioned me to get out.. Suspicious.. "Why?". Truck is going to drive over your car. "LIKE HELL!". Drove out. I placed 3rd in the derby..they refused to pay me because I would not let them drive over a car I eventually won 2 more derbys with.. They have no idea the time work and make do we put in those cars, even then..

Comment

Well, Finnnegan, from a spectator's standpoint, and that's all I am, he at least comes off as "fun." I don't take much of what he does as serious, I just expect it to be "fun." It's like a pre-programmed filter for me, I expect it to be fun so it will be. And so it is. And it comes out that way because I planned it beforehand, in my mind. If that makes any sense, and if it DOES make any sense, seek counseling immediately, there are supporting groups available.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
              junk.

when gm goes low power, the chassis proves to be a wimp to match it.. they got away with that.
              that car makes me angry.
              Barry , just because the motor was gutless by no means , means that they removed all the engineering they put into the suspension up to that date. My daughter has a 75 orange corvette . And while it is a gutless wonder , but for a stock suspension car , I'm sure it would keep up with anything american built up till the 84 corvette that would do near 1g on the skid pad .
              Last edited by Dan Barlow; July 3, 2017, 11:38 PM.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
                junk.

that car makes me angry.

uh, no. That same chassis held up just fine behind the vaunted all-aluminum 427 in 1968/9... the chassis is fine, the bottom end is fine - simply get rid of the 78cc heads, dial in a cam, put on Vortec heads and there are burn-outs for days resting under your right shoe.

Comment

Seriously Barry... what a POS, eh? start at 2:40

Comment

my comment on youtube--
                    tunnel rammed 454 and a 4speed muncie. do it. do it now. DO IT.

Comment

I dont get it? Why hammer something that can be fixed with a 2500 dollar crate motor? G Body GM cars didnt exactly come with powerhouse motors either yet the lanes at any track are loaded with them weekend mornings. Build a friggin Hot Rod!

Comment

Pull the motor , just keep squirting your favorite loosening agent ,be it diesel fuel or p.b. blaster or MM oil every so often to lossen it up for the next guy . In the mean time is stick a crate motor in it and put a couple bumper covers on it . Oh , and side pipes .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Fix it and give it back to the guy..

Comment

Working...
                          X