X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna Drag ?

Just Dammit.

Dammit.

I'll get over it, just give me an hour or two. Dammit.

EDIT: Shit. Dammit.
    Last edited by pdub; July 3, 2017, 11:34 AM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Mash the shinny shin shin on the weed eater?

Comment

No, it's worse than that. I'll tell you what though, we're going drag racing Friday night. Who wants to bet what Red will do in 1/8 mile? The betting station is open. Whoever comes closest to elapsed time gets a free cup of coffee in the motel lobby the next time you stay wherever you go.

EDIT: Not, not ET, speed. What will Red do in 1/8? I may just let the other car go, get out of the way, I don't want you to run into me, just go "do" and then I'll go do.
      Last edited by pdub; July 3, 2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

I agree... Once again, life reared it's ugly head and the well laid plans get laid to rest... the grand adventure will rise again! Have faith and don't loose hope... Sorry...Just...Sorry....

BTW... 84.22MPH

DAMN....I feel crappy...
        Last edited by silver_bullet; July 3, 2017, 01:05 PM.
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
          I agree... Once again, life reared it's ugly head and the well laid plans get laid to rest... the grand adventure will rise again! Have faith and don't loose hope... Sorry...Just...Sorry....
          We're all good my friend. We sure are. It's why I could have never been an astronaut, train for years and then it's the countdown on the launch pad....60 seconds and holding, we've got a problem. That's when I fall apart, what do you MEAN we're not doing it?!?!?!

We're all okay Patrick, I just hate we missed the chance. I sure hope all works out well for ya, we'll do it another time for sure.
          Last edited by pdub; July 3, 2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Don't feel bad, I've been trying to go to the drag strip for 4 weeks but with the recent storms hitting it seems every friday night, I'm itching to go up and see some racing.
            "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by Runner1972 View Post
              Don't feel bad, I've been trying to go to the drag strip for 4 weeks but with the recent storms hitting it seems every friday night, I'm itching to go up and see some racing.
              RE the drag strip, we're gonna go down there Friday evening. I've got this helmet and we've got this car, can we run? We don't know anymore than that about it. Can't seem to find out anymore about it. We'll see. It's only 30 minutes away, whatever happens. WTF, it's worth a shot at it, whichever way it goes, a nice drive there and back either way. Something to do.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

84.22MPH
                Patrick chimes in first. Next bet? It's time to start playing high/low.

Comment

87 mph
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    87 mph
                    That's.....hmmmmmm. Okay.....that's....maybe....I have no idea. If I had any idea what an eighth of a mile is, I could go out there on the street right now and do it, and SEE. The problem is with the blower, getting the wheels to not spin in 1st and 2nd gear. He might do 87, he just might. That's somewhere in the middle of 3rd gear. If he sticks, if he doesn't just spin the wheels.

Comment

I think this is where I'm supposed to chim in about my ride in a blown mustang that coincidentally was somewhere between 1/8 and a 1/4 long . If this is a mom and pop strip with 2 pine trees at the left end of the track .......no good can come of it !
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                        I think this is where I'm supposed to chim in ab2out my ride in a blown mustang that coincidentally was somewhere between 1/8 and a 1/4 long . If this is a mom and pop strip with 2 pine trees at the left end of the track .......no good can come of it !
                        HhahahaHAHAhAHAH!!!!!!!! Dan, remind me to not drive with you in the car, we got away with it one time while y'all were here but I was looking in all directions....SOMEBODY is gonna hit us......HAhhAhHhahAH!

Comment

my guess is 63mph due to excessive wheelspin...

Comment

You can still go out on the street and practice launches and get a feel for what is too much. Once you know about what won't spin on the street, the track should have better traction and you'll be good.

Comment

Spinning really hurts the ET it doesn't hurt the mph as bad. You don't want to burn them down, but I have had passes where spinning had a little had a hight mph and lower ET. Sometimes the getting the lowest possible ET will result in a slightly slower mph.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X