Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilwood defect

Or, how not to do a recall.
    They've got to be insane. Send us the MC back immediately (at your expense), and we'll get you it back - rebuilt and updated - eventually. My bet is compliance is going to be in the single-digit range. Best of all, if you demand they send on a MC to replace the broke one - they'll charging a core charge.... way to profit Wilwood.

About all I see out of this is never buy another Wilwood product. I wasn't that impressed with them to begin with, quality and engineering were not what I expected (e.g. no dust shields on the caliper pistons).... add to that, poor customer service.

and for the record, I'm not sure where the master cylinder(s) are.... someone's going to be a millionaire in the accident lottery.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

I was annoyed enough about Wilwood moving die-casting from an L.A. vendor to China back when (10-15 yrs ago) I didn't buy that exact MC from them when I was otherwise going to. (Doesn't mean I still wouldn't I guess.) But it's tough in the aftermarket, making big-guy parts out of a little-guy (relatively) operation. They do state their recall is voluntary and I imagine it's going to be costly for them. Finding the actual number or percentage of people that have had the failure they mention is difficult, from what I'm reading it seems like once you can get one bled properly, everybody had found them to be reliable. So...what are the chances of actual failure, who knows...the wording in the recall sounds sounds kinda meant to satisfy the DOT rather than really communicate with the customer. Anyhow, I don't think that making people pony up a few bucks to UPS Ground for an upgrade they could otherwise say the heck with, or asking a refundable deposit to front something out is unreasonable but yeah how long to they figure on taking?

You're always taking a risk with aftermarket parts, but then OEM can be pretty awful too once-in-awhile. Not my favorite part of the hobby.

Comment

I hear you , and I will remember .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

thanks for the heads up... I will be sure to pass it along.
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
        X