• Show
Clear All

• Need Pdub's advice

Is cereal a soup?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    Is cereal a soup?

YES. in the same way that since chocolate comes from a bean,
    and beans grow on plants, then theoretically chocolate is a salad....
    hey, thats ma story and imma stickin to it !!

Comment

After reading the definition, I have formed an educated opinion.

"Soup is a primarily liquid food, generally served warm or hot (but may be cool or cold), that is made by combining ingredients such as meat and vegetables with stock, juice, water, or another liquid. Hot soups are additionally characterized by boiling solid ingredients in liquids in a pot until the flavors are extracted, forming a broth. Traditionally, soups are classified into two main groups: clear soups and thick soups. The established French classifications of clear soups are bouillon and consommé.

Thick soups are classified depending upon the type of thickening agent used: purées are vegetable soups thickened with starch; bisques are made from puréed shellfish or vegetables thickened with cream; cream soups may be thickened with béchamel sauce; and veloutés are thickened with eggs, butter, and cream. Other ingredients commonly used to thicken soups and broths include egg, rice, lentils, flour, and grains; many popular soups also include carrots and potatoes. Soups are similar to stews, and in some cases there may not be a clear distinction between the two; however, soups generally have more liquid than stews."

Comment

So, according to your edumacation, oatmeal is soup.

Comment

Some might say your logic is skewed , but, l see the path you're taking...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Just some?

Comment

I realize that I am a nobody, but, if I see no reason to doubt your reasoning, it must be some, rather than all..
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

the chorus of those who claim my logic is skewed fully drowns out any who might think otherwise - thus, it's 100%.

Comment

Is celery just a small weird tree? Is a potato just where a plant crapped? How many whales and dolphins pissed out that water before it was evaporated into the air, fell as rain and found it's way into the bottle or glass in front of me and I'm expected to drink it now? Questions like that are why I prefer Fritos and beer, I feel the additional processing helps keep me safe.

Comment

the chorus of those who claim my logic is skewed fully drowns out any who might think otherwise - thus, it's 100%.
                    Did I mention that I may require legal guidance in the future over a property dispute?
                    Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                      Is celery just a small weird tree? Is a potato just where a plant crapped? How many whales and dolphins pissed out that water before it was evaporated into the air, fell as rain and found it's way into the bottle or glass in front of me and I'm expected to drink it now? Questions like that are why I prefer Fritos and beer, I feel the additional processing helps keep me safe.

the next question will be whether or not Cheetos are chips.... but we're still waiting for Mr. Pdub to weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

Did I mention that I may require legal guidance in the future over a property dispute?

did you weld the lock?

Comment

not yet.... i'm trying to turn over a new tree.....
                          a new leaf wouldn't even scratch the surface....
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

but we're still waiting for Mr. Pdub to weigh in.
                            Cereal and soup are neither one valid components of the human food supply chain. Neither will form or push a decent turd, like air served in a bowl.

And anything they sell and dish out at Subway, that's not food either. That big teenager-girl humping guy lost about 400 pounds eating nothing but Subway stuff, that proves it. That stuff can't be good for you, it's not even "food." You can die eating that if you don't have 400 pounds to lose.

I don't know why my feedback is valued on this subject here, but there it is (my feedback).

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Cereal and soup are neither one valid components of the human food supply chain. Neither will form or push a decent turd, like air served in a bowl.

I don't know why my feedback is valued on this subject here, but there it is (my feedback).
                              Hmmm... that's interesting insight from a toilet paper manufacturer's rep.

Because, mr. 'dub, you seem a bit stressed lately and I felt you needed a bit of comic relief - or commode relief as you don't think it's that funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X