No announcement yet.

Surveillance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most folks on our street have motion sensing cameras. I can check to see who's at the door from anywhere, and that's nice. Also, I can see what the mutts are doing in the back yard while I'm in the shop downstairs. If anything were to happen here, all of us on the street would pool our camera angles to see what was up. It's no a huge deterrent, and not as good as the alarm system, but I like having them.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
      Okay, jet's take this thing to a jury. Does this video capture show a vehicle hitting a mailbox? I think it's about a foot and a half away from the curb. Maybe y'all will see it different, that's why it's up to a jury. I've got bad eyes.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1169175[/ATTACH]

Edit: That's our house in the upper left corner of the shot, Bubba parked in the driveway.
      ​Looks like an H3 . SBG , You have an H3 don't you ? LOL
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'm handling it a different way. Our poor ol' mailbox post has rotted off at more or less ground level and fell to earth whilst ME was in MI spoiling Grands. We got a temporary PO box 'till I'm done here then I'll whip something up. See, I have this 10 foot piece of 3 1/2" square 1/4" wall structural tubing, just the size of a 4X4. And a welder. And some plate to make a mailbox base out of. I'll add a new bag of Redi-Mix once the new post is back from the powdercoater. Now - hit THAT!

Dan

Comment

Paint it so it looks like wood ...

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            Now - hit THAT!

Dan
            It's been a few years ago now, a guy lived on a county road around here somewhere, on a long straightaway. Kids kept knocking his mailbox off of the pole with baseball bats, or something. He got tired of that and got about two or four tons of bricks and built a really big fortress around the mailbox.

Later on a drunk guy ran off the road right there at about 2 in the morning and hit that thing. Blasted it to smithereens and the driver was declared DRT. The TV news showed the owner just shaking his head and looking at the giant pile of bricks and saying, "I never would have believed anybody could knock that down."
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Many years ago a good friend made a mailbox post out of a hunk of driveshaft. Just below ground level there was a front coil spring and welded to the spring was a welded-on old crankshaft, buried in concrete. You see, he lived on a rural curve and kids thought it was great fun to run into that mailbox. When struck it sprang back with enough force to cut thru a hood and rupture a radiator tank. Yep, some fool decided to test it......

Ours won't be THAT stout - not needed. I'm thinking gloss black which is what I painted it when made of wood. Could wood grain it I suppose but probably won't go THAT far.

Dan

Comment

Mail boxes are to be on 4x4 wood or other break away post. If some one hits it and gets hurt they could sue you. Most of the time you don't own the land the mail box is on its ROW.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

For those package pirates you need a license plate number to do any good.
                  Try a PRIVATE MAIL BOX(PMB) at your local Mail and Parcel Store.
                  You can receive UPS/FEDEX/ USPS/DHL including packages safely.
                  The packages get signed for too.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    Mail boxes are to be on 4x4 wood or other break away post. If some one hits it and gets hurt they could sue you. Most of the time you don't own the land the mail box is on its ROW.
                    Rural ones where our farm is are 6X6 wood posts..
                    Other places have pretty stout ones too..

Comment

Working...
                    X