Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official BS car hauler thread-stories/pics-post em if ya got em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official BS car hauler thread-stories/pics-post em if ya got em!

I'm not sure I get the ramp floor - am I missing something?
    Is it just for access to the underside of the car while in the trailer?
    how long are the pull out ramps to get into it.

Nice rig.

Is that a 4speed with air operated 2 speed axle?
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

nice pics guys!!

keep em coming...

that hauler on RJ is CHEAP!!!
      "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
        I'm not sure I get the ramp floor - am I missing something?
        Is it just for access to the underside of the car while in the trailer?
        how long are the pull out ramps to get into it.

Nice rig.

Is that a 4speed with air operated 2 speed axle?
        "The risers are approx 26.5 inches wide each side , and the inside of the truck is about 7" 9" making a space between the risers about 41.5 inches, flat. This gave space under the front of the car to tie it down as well as some space for visual inspection and limited maintenance. "

ramps are 12 feet long, and the beavertail/ramp/riser angle also helps with low hanging headers, as well as the above. Trans on this one is a 5 speed with a 2 speed rear axle with an electric splitter solenoid-my last one was vacuum, what a pos it was to work smoothly.
        67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
        05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

got some info on my next car hauler-original owner was in ohio, possibly dayton. second owner in nashville, 1982. current owner/seller bought it out of nasheville in 1985, has had it ever since then. POSSIBLY sold by Batey Chevrolet
          Carnegie, Pa. my dads hometown!

Comment

SEEN AT todays LA ROADSTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stage1scott
              Originally posted by tiresmoke!
              The old C-60/65's......cool old trucks, but I'd swap the old 366/tall-deck 427's for a c-series Cummins with a Pac-Brake and an Allison auto trans in a heartbeat.

Swapping out the old leaf springs for something more comfortable, like say an air-ride cut-off from a class 8 tractor(Pete, KW and Freightliner come to mind) would go a LONG way to make the trips more enjoyable...not to mention easier on the equipment inside.

Grumpy's old transporter looks sweet...the period-correct tube-type Alcoas look neat, but I'd be more in favor of tubeless.

Seeing the built-in sleepers with crawl-thru access reminded me of some of the old trucks my dad has driven...all of mine have been either sit-down or walk-in.
              yeah, the 366 in my last one was a pig and I'm sure this one willbe the same. I don't know a thing about diesels except they make power and fuel economy, and these trucks needed them. Since the Jenkins truck had a 427, I have to assume there were no diesels available in these in that time period. where does one even begin to acquire everything you would need for a swap? that would make this thing deluxe!!

Don't know anything about the air ride systems either, interestingly, the big trucks, at least my last one with my Buick in it, didn't ride bad at all.

the wheels on my next one have already been upgraded to 22.5 tubeless, and I am HAPPY ABOUT THAT!
              The sleepers generally have crawl thru doors on the back side, although my friends in PA. does not, he ordered it without the rear sleeper door.
              there were detroit 9 litres back then , nobody wanted them , one big massive oil leak

Comment

billy the kid was a kentucky mobster
                a big block kingswood estate like in the grumpy photo was the tow car of choice
                the wood brother hauled 21 on a ramp truck until 1982

Comment

lifestyles of the rich and famous
                  you know when you are the big player ? when your trailer runs manufacturer plates on it not apportioned
                  childress didn't have to pay for trailers

Comment

a gmc general

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan

a gmc general
                      thats a beauty!! I like it!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Now that was totally cool, Scott. Thanks for showing us that one. I see it's got an exhaust brake. Does it get as loud as the car when he hit's it?

Originally posted by stage1scott
                            SEEN AT todays LA ROADSTER SHOW

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

dig Snake's rig...that thing is cool....

al
                              "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

This thing's been for sale locally forever. He just cut the price in half and sounds motivated. Anyone?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...232226920.html
                                1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Working...
                                X