Ugly inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly inside...

I've never seen why a paint job needs to be newer than 20 years old. Although my wife and neighbors may disagree. Just a few of the fleet.

The Flattie

Flattie's Shortstar DOHC V6, SM420, D300, Ford 9-inches

The M-715

Ugly Truckling

Prerunner '48 Willys sorta hot rod - I'm still building

455 Olds for the '48 - almost 900lb-ft w/ the button

One of these days I'll get back into cars but 4x4s are too much fun when you're in So Cal.

Re: Ugly inside...

I'm speechless. :o

So much awesome!
    Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

That's some incredible junk ain't it... wow... I just sold my 48 Willys wagon... ( one to many projects hanging around )

I really am a huge fan... ... don't know much bout that Rock crawling thing... but it would be interesting to learn more about...

K

Comment

That 48 takes the cake. That's dare to be different to the third power. A studebaker drift car would look mainstream next to that thing.

What kind of notcher and bender are you using?

Comment

Thanks. The bender is a regular old manual like a JD2. Mine is an M-Tech Supply (www.mtechsupply.com) model NE-5 that's about 5 or 6 years old. I mostly work in 1.75 OD DOM or 4130 for cages so I went with a 5-1/2 inch CLR die. I also have a 1.5-inch (4.5-inch CLR) and 1-inch (3-inch CLR) die. I like the ability to do tighter bends for stuff like this:

Notcher is a TN-100 unit from M-Tech. I hook up my Hole Shooter to it. It uses regular bi-metal holesaw bits. Only bummer I've found is it only goes to 50-degrees, although I've fudged it up to almost 60-degrees. Any more than that and I need to break out the cutoff wheel.

Comment

See now we need a fabrication section... Very nice work there... are you using both a Mig and a Tig on that?

Comment

B A D A S S!!
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                See now we need a fabrication section... Very nice work there... are you using both a Mig and a Tig on that?
                No TIG. I don't have one and it's gonna be a while until I can afford the TIG setup I want. Until then it's my Hobart 210 amp MIG.

Comment

Cool the top weld looked very Tig'ish... the the bottom looked very Mig.... I've got both and usually grab the Mig...it's just easier...

My tig is a little 175 squarewave unit without a cooler... but it works like stink on aluminum and that's why I bought it... now if I just knew how to use it... LOL Been at it 5 yrs with that machine and I absolutely can stick stuff together... pretty ain't going to happen... but welded together it is...

K

Comment

That cage is some really nice work. Great fitment in and out.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Been reading your mag, the willys truck is gonna be killer!

Comment

Keith - you scare me. I have the same tig in my storage unit under a half inch of dust... it sits next to the lincoln mig. F-bodies, britbikes, jap bikes. Get out of my head!!! :D (I have a feeling you've been at it longer than me though).

Dummy - I've been looking at a pro-tools bender (especially at the price) as well as their notcher. Thanks for the link to M-tech! You've made the decision even harder.

Comment

Since I'm in a sharing mood, here are a few of my favorites that have found new homes. Again, note the ugly - it builds character.

My '69 Olds that donated the 455 for the Willys. I sold the carcass to some dude last year for $300. TH400 and 12-bolt posi went with it.

My CJ-6 complete with removeable Rhino chasing bumper seat a'la the movie, Hatari! It was a Border Patrol rig that hadn't moved in over a decade when I got it. Miss this one.

Ramcharger's new 300hp Magnum. Freiburger's RC influenced the build quite a bit.

Although I think mine was cooler. ;D

My '51 Caddy Superior ambulance. All orig. with 23K miles. 331 2bbl and 3-on-tree.

Gurney for sleepin' on. The drug/medicine cabinet was even behind the driver seat.

Siren Worked too.

Comment

What ugly? The caddy is way cool

Comment

It would make one cool tailgate party wagon.
                              HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X