Too Many Coordinators in the Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Coordinators in the Kitchen

Red's next romp will be at Atlanta Motorsports Park in early September. That's Unit's most very favorite track, she likes to leave the belts loose and get slung around all inside the car. She LOVES it. A roller coaster, and I like it too. Fun with fuel. And Unit gets to ride along on the track.

That event for us is a track day credit from way back this year when we couldn't go to Road Atlanta after we had already bought in because Red was broke. Determined to do RA anyhow, we went with another outfit later. The ultimate truth, Red's not fast enough to do Road Atlanta, not even with the blower and the Rousch suspension. The folks that turn out for that track on any weekday are just plain crazy fast. Red was in the way. Again. And plus, that particular outfit didn't even let Unit ride along on the track that weekend, a two-day event.

But anyhow, I got home from work today, the AMP experience has been so far away on the calendar like it wasn't ever going to happen. But we're getting there on the clock so I reserved a motel room in Dawsonville, called them this afternoon.

It turns out, Unit had already reserved us a motel room. So for a little while today, we had two rooms at the same motel for the same two nights. Unit discovered it cleaning out her mailbox...We could even take Kenny the Cat, he could have his own room. We can strap him in the back seat like we do the cooler for the trip down the highway, and he'll love the hills and curves on the track and getting slung around like an astronaut on a centrifuge. I'm sure he'd love it. If I could just teach him how to check the tire temps after a run, it would be worth it. Another pit crew member.

Naw, cancel one of those two motel rooms.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

You could use the cat as a neck brace or to wipe up fluid spills and dust the car off.......

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
      "she likes to leave the belts loose and get slung around all inside the car. She LOVES it."
      I thought for safeties sake seat belts should be cinched down tight.....

Comment

Pdub sounds like a great time you and Unit will have, I'll be in Montana on the WST. So run Red on the ragged edge!
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post

I thought for safeties sake seat belts should be cinched down tight.....
          Well, I'll pull them down until she goes, "Uggggh, that's enough." But that's not "enough," she doesn't want to become "one" with the seat frame like I do. If you can breathe, they're too loose. But at least with the 5-point she stays in the car. Unlike getting nearly slung out of the passenger window like with the stock 3-point...
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
          X