No announcement yet.

Redneck Yard Sweeper Ressurection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to the golf course and pick up rejects. Throw those in he pool after whacking them with a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Throw Kenny's turds in the pool next!
      No that's funny.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

One more trip around the "track." It was a good one, but whatta pile of crap. Goodbye Moto.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000944.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	659.5 KB
ID:	1171651

The next cussing contest will be putting the new one together. It showed up with the box all busted up, parts leaking out of the box.

Name:	P1000945.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	623.5 KB
ID:	1171652
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

better drag the old one back from the curb... may need parts from that piece of crap....
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            better drag the old one back from the curb... may need parts from that piece of crap....
            The best part of it is, the neighbors in the house to the right of us have their house for sale. Not the terrorists on the left of us with the swimming pool, the golf ball hitting dysfunctional bunch of deviates, this is the doctor on the other side who put a length of fence on our property to contain their dogs. He told me, "That's YOUR fence, I'll never take care of it." Unquote. So there's the dog fence. In our back yard, on our property. And this is a doctor.

They are having an open house real estate event on Sunday to try to sell the house and our magnificent thrown away repaired-upon redneck sweeper is out there by the curb, and it will be a great incentive for anyone looking for curb appeal.

I'm loving this. I actually AM loving this. I hope the dumpster divers don't get it before then.
            Last edited by pdub; August 25, 2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Damn you Peewee! I could use that! Too bad it cost too much to ship! .

Kidding, man! Kidding!

Comment

Kidding, man! Kidding!
                Come get it. Bring your truck....

Comment

Too Late DB, you missed the window of opportunity. The divers already dived. They left behind a box that wasn't ours with the bin part of the sweeper squished into it. Interestingly, they took the cut-up blue holey tarp I so delicately engineered inside the bin. But they left behind the rotted out bin. In a box. Nice and neat.

Unit said from now on when we put something out beside the street we'll have to put a sign on it - "If You Want This, Take It ALL."

Name:	P1000946.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	661.5 KB
ID:	1171728

Comment

with the Sue Unit!
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

If a husband and wife team can work together to attempt to assemble a lawn sweeper with no directions without getting a divorce, they are a real lifelong team, bound to last together forever.

"Falling off may cause impailment." "Danger can cause caution."

"Use the 3/8 inch slotted head screw with the notched washer to secure the ..." and there's no such shit in the kit. We're having to "design" this thing as it goes together. I knew it, I dreaded it, I could never forget how hard that last one was to put together, the one we just gave away beside the street.

Name:	P1000947.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	557.0 KB
ID:	1171755

When I quit working for a living, it may be soon, my choice or not, I intend to sit on my ass KNOWING that if I wanted to, I could make a great second career of writing assembly instructions. It's not that hard to do, writing directions, but apparently the entire world is missing that particular little skill and all of the manufacturers and distributors all over the world don't seem to care.

Am I pissed? Yes. Am I hurt up? Yes, from crawling on concrete and it ain't NEAR over, I mean I'm HURT. The garb on the outside of the box said "Goes together in three easy steps." But the directions have about 20 steps in some foreign language that maybe should go with some other piece of equipment.

Rant over. Carry on.

Comment

Day THREE of the new build. Notice two sets of directions on the garage floor.. The ones that come in the box, they are black and white, washed out, no contrast, you can't tell which parts are supposed to go where, not matter who you are or how expert you are. Notice two sets of directions in the floor, one I printed out from their website in color, just to maybe see where things go. Not much more help. Three days later, not even close. No real idea how it goes together, just guessing and bolting and seeing THAT can't work, take it all apart again, loosen the tightened nuts and all, try it the other way.

A few of the product reviews on the website note what we've already seen.....how in the hell are you supposed to put this thing together?

Tomorrow I'll go to the hardware store after work to get a bolt, the RIGHT bolt. Not even hard enough yet but all of the parts were not even in the box. I honestly don't understand how folks sell stuff that's not even all in the box, and they can still sleep at night, selling these things to folks who have even less mechanical skills than I even do (which is not much at all).

But a yard sweeper is a way very cool tool. If we can get through this, we'll use it and enjoy it until we have to buy another one after we wear this one out.

Name:	P1000948.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	609.0 KB
ID:	1171949
                        Last edited by pdub; August 28, 2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

The grass catcher goes on the grass picker upper
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                            The grass catcher goes on the grass picker upper
                            Ain't so! Goes on the mower front!

Comment

Ain't so! Goes on the mower front!
                              No, that's a cow catcher and that goes on the front of an old-timey railroad locomotive.

Comment

I have to go through things, step 1 to step 2, and so on. And the directions...it's not quite reminiscent of the blower project in magnitude, but as we go we discover what we don't have.

Yes, this will take some days, imanginarily trying to get the parts from the manufacturer in Taiwan, through a subvendor who is selling the product for somebody else, that's for sure. I personally think we're screwed, but you guys who build stuff could have already fabricated parts to make this thing work. Easy peasy, but it's the end of the road for us if what they sent doesn't work or fit... or worse, is missing some major parts.... Click image for larger version

Name:	Sweeper 3.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	1172055

Last edited by pdub; August 29, 2017, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X