I'm Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back!

Back in NC and attending my REAL life again. All went well. Attached is a cut & paste from an Email note I sent family and friends:

Y'all will have to put up with me for a while. Back from JAX with all treatments completed. I had my last treatment this morning and they had me take a PSA (prostate specific antigen, a blood test) yesterday, sort of an exit test. I was worried about it as I was sure I hadn't studied enough but just like in HS I breezed right thru it.
    0.40!!!!! My starting PSA was 4.68 ("normal" is 0-5.0 but there should be no big jumps in the reading and I had historically been running 1.0 +/-). So, at least at this point, NO CANCER!!!! BTW - that 0.4 will likely fall a bit more over time (that's a good thing).

Did I mention that I LOVE proton therapy? - zero side effects outside of a sunburn on either hip.

THANKS ALL for the Positive Energy however delivered. Working together w.FL Proton we made this happen. Please keep in mind that proton therapy may be appropriate for any cancer with a tumor and it is, for sure, worth checking out if any loved one needs treatment.

I'll attach some pics shortly after I have time to download them off the camera.

Dan

Welcome BACK Dan!!!! You GO Man, we love you, we mean it.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Welcome Back Brother! Our continued thoughts and prayers for your speedy recovery!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Here's a couple of pics:

Me "Ringing Out" (as I call it) the ceremony following your final treatment. The chimes were donated by the family of a young (IIRC) Australian girl who was cured there some years ago. The woman in the pic is the lady who does art therapy for whoever wants it.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1658.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	1171643

Me and Ivana, my wonderful nurse thruout the process. The light in the lobby is CRAZY bright and I look ancient, which I am but usually can hide it.

Name:	IMG_1660.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	1171644

An overall pic of the chimes with the piano for perspective:

Name:	IMG_1655.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	290.5 KB
ID:	1171645

Great experience!

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; August 25, 2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
          Welcome Back Brother! Our continued thoughts and prayers for your speedy recovery!
          Thanks for the kind thoughts but I'm done recovered! Now it a matter of getting out in the shop.

Dan

Comment

That's great to hear about the proton information.

Hopefully we won't need but good to have a plan if needed.

Thanks you don't know how many lives, you may have saved by sharing your adventure.
            Glad you are doing well.

wrenchn2

Comment

That's the main reason I've shared all this. Proton isn't right for everyone but it IS right for a lot of folks and it sure beats the heck out of other treatments with all their nasty side effects.

Dan

Comment

That is GREAT NEWS!

Welcome back and congratulations! I am thrilled that you had a good experience.

A.K.A. Brian
                Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

Glad you are doing so well. That PSA is certainly good news. You are correct it probably will drop some over time. Now remember you need to take your wife out to a great dinner before you bury yourself out in the shop. Again congratulations on the good news.

Comment

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out
                    Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about
                    Well the names haven't changed since you hung around
                    But those dreams have remained and they've turned around
                    Who'd have thought they'd lead ya
                    (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
                    Back here where we need ya
                    (Back here where we need ya)
                    Yeah we tease him a lot 'cause we got him on the spot
                    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back
                    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back ...

Comment

Glad you took the cure. ( that was a line from something I just can't remember what right know but is is appropriate) Florida is great but home is better. While we were still able to hear from you , it will be great to hear from the shop again .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Glad you made home!
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                        X