Cleaning Out the Kitchen Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Out the Kitchen Cabinet

There's lots been said about what "might" be in refrigerator. How LONG has that been in there?

We're brewing another huge batch of spaghetti sauce this afternoon, that's where you want to throw everything at it. Freeze it in serving-sized containers, eat if for weeks.

It finally occurred to me today, look at the labels on the spices in the cabinets, the spices that we don't use so very often. "Best Used BY." I hope that doesn't mean anything. I've honestly never looked. The expiration date winner in our cabinet was "Best Used By" September 2007.

I don't think spices will kill you when they're out of date. If they could, we would already be dead.
    Last edited by pdub; September 3, 2017, 12:39 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I have big plans.... move the Buick to the attached garage.... why is that big plans? oh let me tell you the steps.
    1) get fuel for the land cruiser (it's out)
    2) steal fuel from generator (need to change it anyway) while I'm at it, do oil change on generator
    3) reset fuel gauge on land cruiser
    4) find book that tells me how
    5) futz with that for 30 minutes
    6) go blow up gopher hole (rather the land cruiser)
    7) to be continued... haven't started LC yet, just suspect it's out of fuel
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      I have big plans.... move the Buick to the attached garage.... why is that big plans? oh let me tell you the steps.
      1) get fuel for the land cruiser (it's out)
      2) steal fuel from generator (need to change it anyway) while I'm at it, do oil change on generator
      3) reset fuel gauge on land cruiser
      4) find book that tells me how
      5) futz with that for 30 minutes
      6) go blow up gopher hole (rather the land cruiser)
      7) to be continued... haven't started LC yet, just suspect it's out of fuel
      1. Get finished up with Red, brake pads changed for track. Calipers bled.
      2. Go to track
      3. Don't get killed on the way to track, the road is far more dangerous than the track

Comment

8) find out gas isn't the issue
        9) replace the spark controller in fj40
        10) drop screw
        11) cuss. a lot
        12) look for screw then look for another screw
        13) move all sorts of crap up in my attic because I kind of remembered that I think I had a distributor. I did... wrong one
        14) move the countless seats downstairs to get them sold
        15) give up and figure 1 screw is good enough to get it out of the shop
        16) get wood off the top of the H3
        17) put saw horses under the deck so wife can prime/paint them (wives.... sigh)
        18) find paint
        19) go back to getting H3 - and wife because someone has to drive the Buick
        20) put brake fluid in Buick
        21) no brakes, but puddle under the back
        22) see missing hose (see Buick update later)
        23) pull out box of misc. brake hoses
        24) find only hoses for Corvettes - where did my other box go? wait, before I look,
        25) find out that the upper, rear brake hose is interchangeable with the rear brake hose for a 1964 Buick Skylark.... damn, I'm good

HA

26) bleed brakes
        27) cuss the engineer who put the bleed screw for the front behind the bracket so nothing will fit on it but an open end wrench
        28) yeah, didn't work
        29) but the brakes work-ish

30) wife asks where is brush

brb

Comment

I think I''m getting out "numbered."

Comment

here's where I mention that the new module fried too and my fj40 is little more then an attractive brick

Comment

here's where I mention that the new module fried too and my fj40 is little more then an attractive brick
              Attractive is good.

Comment

SBG are you doing okay Man?

Comment

This is my normal - actually, it's more a good day for 2 reasons:

1) the module worked long enough to get the vehicle out of my shop so I could work on my Hummer - and it's all downhill back into the shop
                  2) the hummer, actually, cured its problem with the cats so I don't have to burn holes in myself on the most humid day of the year welding new ones in.

Comment

8) find out gas isn't the issue
                    9) replace the spark controller in fj40
                    10) drop screw
                    11) cuss. a lot
                    12) look for screw then look for another screw
                    13) move all sorts of crap up in my attic because I kind of remembered that I think I had a distributor. I did... wrong one
                    14) move the countless seats downstairs to get them sold
                    15) give up and figure 1 screw is good enough to get it out of the shop
                    16) get wood off the top of the H3
                    17) put saw horses under the deck so wife can prime/paint them (wives.... sigh)
                    18) find paint
                    19) go back to getting H3 - and wife because someone has to drive the Buick
                    20) put brake fluid in Buick
                    21) no brakes, but puddle under the back
                    22) see missing hose (see Buick update later)
                    23) pull out box of misc. brake hoses
                    24) find only hoses for Corvettes - where did my other box go? wait, before I look,
                    25) find out that the upper, rear brake hose is interchangeable with the rear brake hose for a 1964 Buick Skylark.... damn, I'm good

HA

26) bleed brakes
                    27) cuss the engineer who put the bleed screw for the front behind the bracket so nothing will fit on it but an open end wrench
                    28) yeah, didn't work
                    29) but the brakes work-ish

30) wife asks where is brush

brb

1) stop doing "EBESBM" and just get that G*DD*MN 2x4 intake on the fricken car already....

*EBESBM=every body elses sh*t but mine...thats what i always get stuck doing.

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

1) stop doing "EBESBM" and just get that G*DD*MN 2x4 intake on the fricken car already....

it makes you a better person.... is now when I mention I finally ordered the cam so I can screw together the 427?

and stop taking the Lord's name in vain. sheesh.
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 4, 2017, 09:09 AM.

Comment

it makes you a better person.... is now when I mention I finally ordered the cam so I can screw together the 427?

Yeah.... What he said....
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

2) the hummer, actually, cured its problem with the cats so I don't have to burn holes in myself on the most humid day of the year welding new ones in.
                          Whoa, hold the phone batman. What was said problem, and cured itself? Do tell......we'd all love the story I'm sure.
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

I feel your pain brother!
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

NO. heh heh. at least i censored it when i typed it.
                              small victories, buddy. small victories.

Comment

Working...
                              X