Skid Factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a short one.

A bit of trivia, you see when the car is being refilled with oil it's coming out of a 5 liter container, that's the size we get when buying oil for an oil change in Australia.
    The stores have shelves and shelves of 5 liter containers. You can by 1 liter containers if you want a top up but the oil costs more per liter.
    I find it funny that in the US you get individual quarts when doing an oil change!
    Last edited by 65RHDEER; December 14, 2018, 03:29 PM.
    Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
      That was a short one.

A bit of trivia, you see when the car is being refilled with oil that it's coming out of a 5 liter container, that's the size we get when buying oil for an oil change in Australia.
      The stores have shelves and shelves of 5 liter containers. You can by 1 liter containers if you want a top up but the oil costs more per liter.
      I find it funny that in the US you get individual quarts when doing an oil change!
      It's funny until you have 5 different viscosity of oil on your shelves for your various rides.... quarters are easier to store, easier to transport, and have far fewer partial bottles hanging about.

Boy, you folks are just never happy - complain about our big cars and big spaces but then when we have reasonably sized bottles; you get all bent and say we need to carry 4 quarts rather then 1.... boy, some people's children and their territories.
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 14, 2018, 12:15 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• We purchase ours in 5 gallon pails....use a pump to dispense.....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

It's funny until you have 5 different viscosity of oil on your shelves for your various rides.... quarters are easier to store, easier to transport, and have far fewer partial bottles hanging about.

Boy, you folks are just never happy - complain about our big cars and big spaces but then when we have reasonably sized bottles; you get all bent and say we need to carry 4 quarts rather then 1.... boy, some people's children and their territories.
          Okay I'll admit I probably have 10 5 liter containers with car, motorcycle and transmission oils in them that only have .5 to 2 liters in them so yes they are taking up space, you win!

I can walk out of the store holding the oil for my oil change with one hand, I win!

How much do you know about this place they say is at the bottom of the world, big spaces you say, you compared land mass to population lately?

Big cars, I laugh, try overtaking a Roadtrain on an Outback road...

Click image for larger version

Name:	driving2-1-e1527742446567.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1224495

That's a terror I wish on none!
          Tim
          Melbourne Australia

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post

Okay I'll admit I probably have 10 5 liter containers with car, motorcycle and transmission oils in them that only have .5 to 2 liters in them so yes they are taking up space, you win!

I can walk out of the store holding the oil for my oil change with one hand, I win!

How much do you know about this place they say is at the bottom of the world, big spaces you say, you compared land mass to population lately?

Big cars, I laugh, try overtaking a Roadtrain on an Outback road...

Click image for larger version  Name:	driving2-1-e1527742446567.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.8 KB ID:	1224495

That's a terror I wish on none!
            I can win the road terror hands down. Picture this: Honda CRV, cow swilling coffee while yelling at her spawn while masticating mouthfuls of Big Mac and texting her BFF about that guy she almost hit on a bicycle. Road trains just aren't as common as my terror.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 14, 2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• WOW!! Kinda like doing it in northern Iowa passing a convoy in a whiteout on ice!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Back on topic

Tim
                Melbourne Australia

Comment

• it's interesting - I've seen all of that before HOWEVER, it was more then a little work piecing all the tricks together in one spot.... nice he took the time to do the basic and explain as he went along.

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I'll add another

Tim
                      Melbourne Australia

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Comment