No announcement yet.

Skid Factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's interesting watching that video and comparing it to the Bedford videos in terms of editing.
    In other news, the Subaru wagon that you've seen in the background hit the dyno the other day, has a reasonable amount of pep for a grocery getter. 665hp! I'm hoping that's at the flywheel, otherwise it'll be destroying drivelines faster than supergramps.

Comment

• Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
      It's interesting watching that video and comparing it to the Bedford videos in terms of editing.
      In other news, the Subaru wagon that you've seen in the background hit the dyno the other day, has a reasonable amount of pep for a grocery getter. 665hp! I'm hoping that's at the flywheel, otherwise it'll be destroying drivelines faster than supergramps.
      Subarus.... I think of them as the modern-day Vega. Great idea, excellent performance potential, shells as weak as cooked spaghetti.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Comment

• More Sexy and Al

Tim
            Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• what a tip - use bananas instead of header legos to lay out a turbo manifold.

Comment

Comment

• One would think that Al doesn't like Subarus after watching that video.
                  This thing has been around for years, started getting serious about 6 years ago.

Comment

• I get that impression too, that said I think he's pretty pragmatic about working on them - and seriously, I'd rather a mechanic who can tell me the weak points (so I can either ignore or adjust accordingly) then someone who blows smoke about how perfect whatever it is I'm building just so he gets the big builder check.

Comment

• you have to get up pretty early in Australia

Comment

• Chicken dinner for me!
                        It's up about 6 hours later than normal.

Tim
                        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• I call foul, 4:30 am on a 'made-for-vacation' video? I think there was a bush telephone call going on

Comment

• okay, this one is worthy

Comment

• Lol, I'll say this, the boys have no idea what they're in for.
                              Have to laugh at the stock 202 with headers making 100hp comment, a good, ie cheater, engine in these would make closer to 150hp. As you can see by the headers, guys put alot of effort in extracting every last bit of power out of them, without resorting to obvious cheats.
                              I just hope they sort the suspension before they take it to the track, the control suspension was aimed at entertaining racing rather than quick lap times.
                              In saying that, a stock HQ is a scary thing to drive.

Comment

• I'm surprised they don't make it go for a lap around the studio. I've built a lot of cars, some I've never driven in their stock form - one I did, made me so happy to be in the one I built.
                                they made me chuckle when they said "why don't we just put two doors on it".... lol, 'just'

Comment

Working...
                                X