ECTA HAS A TRACK!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECTA HAS A TRACK!!!!

We'll be in Arkansas for 2018. More details on < ECTA-LSR.com>. I'm surprised that Brian didn't post this on the front page. A BIG deal in my world!

Dan

Ohhh man. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Red needs a roll cage.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Arkansas is east coast? It sounds like I need to talk to my geography teachers :D

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
        79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Wow. That's a game changer right there, it sure is. Man oh man.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            Arkansas is east coast? It sounds like I need to talk to my geography teachers :D
            I think it's as "East" as they could find. The aerial shots of the facility look top-notch. Traditionally, they've always said they were the LSR organization east of the Mississippi and this track is west of the Mississippi - but just a tiny bit. I'll be happy for a track and will be there.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I think it's as "East" as they could find. The aerial shots of the facility look top-notch. Traditionally, they've always said they were the LSR organization east of the Mississippi and this track is west of the Mississippi - but just a tiny bit. I'll be happy for a track and will be there.

Dan
              I've got a feeling we will too, Dan. One of those events at least. And you've got a place to park right here on the way if you'd like to.

Comment

There's a flat spot in Arkansas? Who knew? Well, it's good news for the LSR crowd, AND it's close enough I might be able to attend.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

SO....I've watched one of those car shop shows on TV, they put a full roll cage in a ... I think it was a Monte Carlo. and they carried on for about 15 minutes about how hard that was to do, and it even LOOKED hard. The point being, stock car, not a gutted race car, how hard it is to do that.

I for sure am not capable of doing that, but I wonder if anybody around here IS? I haven't started making phone calls yet, and I only just now introduced Unit to the concept, that'll take a while to soak in. UPDATE: She says we can do it!

The fact that there's a track at all.....man, that's a game changer. That's gonna cost us some money.

Comment

This is...wow. Dan thanks so much for the good news. That is HUGE.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dan
                      You know, the last time the North invaded the South, it didn't work out so well for the South
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Red's gonna get a roll cage. Whatever will pass inspection.

I already know he'll go 143 in 4th gear, and that's before he got the blower. Just sorta doubt he'll pull at all in 5th gear. A mile may be long enough to find out. 5th gear sure did suck at Daytona, but that was before the blower.

This is gonna be exponential fun.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            As East as Ohio....

Comment

You guys were talking about before, Dan, maybe some others as well, a bolt-in roll cage for the Mustang. And during that same time period, there was a video posted that showed a Mustang, flipping nose over tail on a race track (road course), and it landed on the roof. All four of the supports for the roll cage punched through the floorboard of the car and the roof was smashed flat. That's not quite what I want to get into.

Comment

Working...
                              X