X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gconnsr
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I have a neighbor - ironically, her name is Karen. She complained that my Studebaker could be seen from her house. I sent her a note and said "here's the list of cars that you will see from your property, should you continue to complain.... she stopped complaining... I was so looking forward to the "tire pile" one on the list. As I said, my neighbors are mighty peaceful-like....
    Lol, I've got two new permanent neighbors and they both have cool cars. The Karens are self exterminating slowly but surely. There's certain forces you just don't go up against.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by gconnsr View Post
    Yeah having property is hard to beat but they really did mellow out after I threatened to sue the city. Telling me I couldn't keep my wrecker on my property topped the cake.
    I have a neighbor - ironically, her name is Karen. She complained that my Studebaker could be seen from her house. I sent her a note and said "here's the list of cars that you will see from your property, should you continue to complain.... she stopped complaining... I was so looking forward to the "tire pile" one on the list. As I said, my neighbors are mighty peaceful-like....

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied
    It was like wow I don't remember an HOA being in the contract when I bought my house and you people really do understand this isn't a rental, right?

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied
    Yeah having property is hard to beat but they really did mellow out after I threatened to sue the city. Telling me I couldn't keep my wrecker on my property topped the cake.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Have you guys ever had the city tag your sidewalk and tell you to fix it or they'll do it for you and send you the bill? It's your sidewalk.
    what's this 'sidewalk' thing you speak of?
    the view from my shop

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied
    Have you guys ever had the city tag your sidewalk and tell you to fix it or they'll do it for you and send you the bill? It's your sidewalk.

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied
    One time a cop tried to tell me I couldn't drive across my sidewalk. Talk about pissing me off. I've had to repair sidewalks because of tree roots and it sure as hell was my sidewalk then.

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied

the facts behind the Leo move would light you up too.... the guy who loaned the space for him to work is a pretty cool guy with a bunch of major life challenges.... Leo, working on his boat there, was a good thing. Then some Karen and her gov. bot ended it.
    Most of my asshole neighbors have moved but I just never got back in the groove. I used to hustle muscle cars like they were going out of style.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    We want you to work but we're going to do everything we can to stop you. They were harassing me non stop about my cars. In reality it's hilarious. They were literally acting like I didn't own my property, they did.
    the facts behind the Leo move would light you up too.... the guy who loaned the space for him to work is a pretty cool guy with a bunch of major life challenges.... Leo, working on his boat there, was a good thing. Then some Karen and her gov. bot ended it.

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied
    We want you to work but we're going to do everything we can to stop you. They were harassing me non stop about my cars. In reality it's hilarious. They were literally acting like I didn't own my property, they did.

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied

so when you selling the Firebird and buying a Camry?

Leo had trouble with the neighbors - it's why the boat is in a boatyard now. The thought still lights me up, the inspector who was behind the problem's boss said "the inspector took liberties".... it is the right response to people who take our liberties to hang them from the yardarm.... fortunately for them, I guess, Leo hasn't installed the yardarm yet....
    I didn't know about all that. When I first moved out here to AZ I was having problems with the city too. I finally lost it when they told me I couldn't have a wrecker on my property and threatened to sue the shit out of them. They never bothered me again.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

My whole city is well armed. These old timers don't mess around. The last time I was in Mi. I should have dragged my dads sail boat back. Way easer than building one.
    so when you selling the Firebird and buying a Camry?

Leo had trouble with the neighbors - it's why the boat is in a boatyard now. The thought still lights me up, the inspector who was behind the problem's boss said "the inspector took liberties".... it is the right response to people who take our liberties to hang them from the yardarm.... fortunately for them, I guess, Leo hasn't installed the yardarm yet....

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied

I suspect that most neighbors think I'm well armed - which they might have a point - so they leave me alone... plus, I have a creek that runs across the back of my property - so a boat wouldn't be totally out of the question... still, I appreciate what Leo is doing - originally it was fix the boat now it's take the transom off and put it on a new hull... did you check out the power plant? if he ever wants to do 'ghost pirate ship' he'll nail it.
    My whole city is well armed. These old timers don't mess around. The last time I was in Mi. I should have dragged my dads sail boat back. Way easer than building one.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    One sure way to make your neighbors really think you've flipped...

What are you building? An ark.
    I suspect that most neighbors think I'm well armed - which they might have a point - so they leave me alone... plus, I have a creek that runs across the back of my property - so a boat wouldn't be totally out of the question... still, I appreciate what Leo is doing - originally it was fix the boat now it's take the transom off and put it on a new hull... did you check out the power plant? if he ever wants to do 'ghost pirate ship' he'll nail it.

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied
    One sure way to make your neighbors really think you've flipped...

What are you building? An ark.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X