X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my casting setup
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• My crappy furnace with the lid off... I plan to build a new one, using ceramic wool insulation and a thinner refractory lining. the crucible is good for about 16 pounds of aluminum, the overall diameter of the furnace is about 30"

Here's a shot of the burner burning, it's made of iron pipe fittings, a mig contact tip, and a few brass fittings. it can make some intense heat.

"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
      1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
      2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Today we learn why he's called "no feet Pete"

Comment

• Today Leo draws...

Tim
          Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Every 2nd Sunday, well Sunday in Australia, Leo gives

Tim
            Melbourne Australia

Comment

• Continuing with Leo's restomod of his boat

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Almost seems like we need to have a large crowd show up to the hearing...
                  "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                  1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                  2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by ejs262 View Post

Almost seems like we need to have a large crowd show up to the hearing...
                    Either that or a barn-raising to mock bulkheads, brace deck structure, and load it so Leo can move it... not to mention where to? Dammit

Awesome project -
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Having to move the boat whilst in construction will be a drag . How long has he been working on it 2 or 3 yrs ? Maybe he needs to work like SBG and he would have this problem
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                          Having to move the boat whilst in construction will be a drag . How long has he been working on it 2 or 3 yrs ? Maybe he needs to work like SBG and he would have this problem
                          the entire situation irritates me because I defend people against this kind of governmental overreaching almost daily. The fact that he's just rolling with it with a consent order - great for him, sucks if it's the next guy who's retired and wants to build stuff in his shop... Leo is in the unique position to make the bureaucrats eat every scrap of paper - thus making them reluctant to try it again for while.

what irritated the most "the investigator took liberties".... you know, we shot a lot of British soldiers who took liberties.... for her to make it a 'joke' is beyond pale.

Comment

• The Whisky Plant episode

Tim
                            Melbourne Australia

Comment

• so there's a whisky plank, is there a vodka plank?

Comment

• Every time I see the inside, I sing "yo ho, you ho we're pirates of the sea".... it's pretty unfair

Comment

Working...
                                X