No announcement yet.

BangSail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was expecting the belt that connects the motors to the engine to be heavier than what it is. Also using one belt per motor, redundancy and one tension point required and more drive on the pulleys.
    Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
      I was expecting the belt that connects the motors to the engine to be heavier than what it is. Also using one belt per motor, redundancy and one tension point required and more drive on the pulleys.
      30 hp? 40 hp? I'd be more concerned that's not enough power for the boat.... that said, I don't know much about boats unless they're jet powered.... and then not even a lot.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Pouring lead

Comment

• Sailing, The metal years

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• One sure way to make your neighbors really think you've flipped...

What are you building? An ark.

Comment

• Originally posted by gconnsr View Post
                      One sure way to make your neighbors really think you've flipped...

What are you building? An ark.
                      I suspect that most neighbors think I'm well armed - which they might have a point - so they leave me alone... plus, I have a creek that runs across the back of my property - so a boat wouldn't be totally out of the question... still, I appreciate what Leo is doing - originally it was fix the boat now it's take the transom off and put it on a new hull... did you check out the power plant? if he ever wants to do 'ghost pirate ship' he'll nail it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I suspect that most neighbors think I'm well armed - which they might have a point - so they leave me alone... plus, I have a creek that runs across the back of my property - so a boat wouldn't be totally out of the question... still, I appreciate what Leo is doing - originally it was fix the boat now it's take the transom off and put it on a new hull... did you check out the power plant? if he ever wants to do 'ghost pirate ship' he'll nail it.
                        My whole city is well armed. These old timers don't mess around. The last time I was in Mi. I should have dragged my dads sail boat back. Way easer than building one.

Comment

My whole city is well armed. These old timers don't mess around. The last time I was in Mi. I should have dragged my dads sail boat back. Way easer than building one.
                          so when you selling the Firebird and buying a Camry?

Leo had trouble with the neighbors - it's why the boat is in a boatyard now. The thought still lights me up, the inspector who was behind the problem's boss said "the inspector took liberties".... it is the right response to people who take our liberties to hang them from the yardarm.... fortunately for them, I guess, Leo hasn't installed the yardarm yet....

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

so when you selling the Firebird and buying a Camry?

Leo had trouble with the neighbors - it's why the boat is in a boatyard now. The thought still lights me up, the inspector who was behind the problem's boss said "the inspector took liberties".... it is the right response to people who take our liberties to hang them from the yardarm.... fortunately for them, I guess, Leo hasn't installed the yardarm yet....
                            I didn't know about all that. When I first moved out here to AZ I was having problems with the city too. I finally lost it when they told me I couldn't have a wrecker on my property and threatened to sue the shit out of them. They never bothered me again.

Comment

• We want you to work but we're going to do everything we can to stop you. They were harassing me non stop about my cars. In reality it's hilarious. They were literally acting like I didn't own my property, they did.

Comment

We want you to work but we're going to do everything we can to stop you. They were harassing me non stop about my cars. In reality it's hilarious. They were literally acting like I didn't own my property, they did.
                                the facts behind the Leo move would light you up too.... the guy who loaned the space for him to work is a pretty cool guy with a bunch of major life challenges.... Leo, working on his boat there, was a good thing. Then some Karen and her gov. bot ended it.

Comment

Working...
                                X