X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I was busying going here

For those who don't know, it's where Evel Knievel jumped the Snake River (almost jumped?)

oh yeah, and getting Buick parts
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 23, 2022, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    It's not too often that other guy misses these.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    we get glimpses of what it costs to build that boat... wonder if its resale would recoup the build cost.

for example, casting was 60k, the motor is 97k, just the oak for the ribs was easily 200k to buy, cut, mill and deliver from Georgia.

or the tl;dr, is that a million dollar boat?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Originally posted by gconnsr View Post
    Have you guys ever had the city tag your sidewalk and tell you to fix it or they'll do it for you and send you the bill? It's your sidewalk.
    Yep, 66 feet of it!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    who wouldn't have a shipyard?... looking great, Loren

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Sweet, it worked. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0152.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	1316211

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied
    If you click remember me when you log in it'll stop doing that. I forget to click it all the time and it does the same thing

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Tried to post a photo like ten times, site keeps logging me out for inactivity, after that many seconds. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    My neighbors don't seem to mind my mess. I try to keep a good selection of the normal tools around...including shipyard equipment as one does.

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I have a neighbor - ironically, her name is Karen. She complained that my Studebaker could be seen from her house. I sent her a note and said "here's the list of cars that you will see from your property, should you continue to complain.... she stopped complaining... I was so looking forward to the "tire pile" one on the list. As I said, my neighbors are mighty peaceful-like....
    Lol, I've got two new permanent neighbors and they both have cool cars. The Karens are self exterminating slowly but surely. There's certain forces you just don't go up against.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by gconnsr View Post
    Yeah having property is hard to beat but they really did mellow out after I threatened to sue the city. Telling me I couldn't keep my wrecker on my property topped the cake.
    I have a neighbor - ironically, her name is Karen. She complained that my Studebaker could be seen from her house. I sent her a note and said "here's the list of cars that you will see from your property, should you continue to complain.... she stopped complaining... I was so looking forward to the "tire pile" one on the list. As I said, my neighbors are mighty peaceful-like....

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied
    It was like wow I don't remember an HOA being in the contract when I bought my house and you people really do understand this isn't a rental, right?

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied
    Yeah having property is hard to beat but they really did mellow out after I threatened to sue the city. Telling me I couldn't keep my wrecker on my property topped the cake.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X