Past few months at the shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past few months at the shop

Here's what's been occupying my time for the last several months. 1948 IHC KB-7 on a 1998 Dodge 3500 chassis with Cummins 5.9. Owner originally wanted us to install a roll-back bed and keep it a 2-door. Mid-stream, he changed his mind and decided he wanted a crew cab with a wrecker bed. Unfortunately, IHC never offered a KB series 4-door... So we made one.
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Pretty darn cool! Though I can't imagine having the $$ to say "Oh, let's add 2 more doors...."

Dan

Comment

I like how you did the second set of doors. I was hoping they would not just get slapped on as is like I have seen in other examples of this type of modification. Although, I am a little sad that that beautiful second gen ram gave up it's life for this project....I want one in a bad way....miss mine too much I guess.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

ok that's cool and great to see how you guys fitted the rear section!
        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Nice lookin rig!

Comment

This chevy guy feels bad for the dodge . Oh well bet those parts sold for some pretty good money though . Also make me miss my 53 international short wheelbase dump truck .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
              ok that's cool and great to see how you guys fitted the rear section!
              I agree with you! It looks good and nice rig!

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                I like how you did the second set of doors. I was hoping they would not just get slapped on as is like I have seen in other examples of this type of modification. Although, I am a little sad that that beautiful second gen ram gave up it's life for this project....I want one in a bad way....miss mine too much I guess.
                even dodge made that look like an ass once.
                this work is incredible..those curves layed right on.

very skilled.

I still can't put on a square door corner.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Nice lookin rig!
                  Maybe somebody bemoans "wasting" three cabs for one that was never made...
                  I see it as 3 cabs "USED"! 3 that will never likely be restored...

Yes I love what is done and how good it looks..
                  I really hope Ron updates this more often and especially the finished product.

Comment

Thanks, guys. We appreciate the kind words. As we make more progress, I'll keep you all posted.
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Still churning away at this beast...

Click image for larger version

Name:	24129829_10156116912529236_3766065219070579303_n.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1185678Click image for larger version

Name:	24301165_10156128316389236_673408649790429177_n.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	1185679Click image for larger version

Name:	26001235_10156194873534236_6641819131325947544_n.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	1185680

Comment

That is pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                          Still churning away at this beast...
                          Looking very good ... could we bother you for more pics and updates ?

Comment

PLEASE keep the updates coming!

Dan

Comment

Post like this (& the carjunke chatter) are why I come to bangshift, thanks for sharing Ron
                              nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Working...
                              X