Dumbest car thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dumbest car thing

One time i was taking the steering wheel off my 75 Ford truck,of course i was in a hurry for what reason i don't know, really not wanting to stop and get my steering wheel puller i decided i could just pull the wheel off which i had done before but this time i didn't put the nut back on the steering shaft, after about two pulls the steering wheel comes off and whacks me right across the nose knocking smooth out and off course cracking my nose...after a few minutes i wake up in a pool of my own blood..spent the rest of the day trying to make up a good story to explain my Jimmy Durante nose....That's a mistake i'll never do again..

Comment

Man oh man where do I start......I think this one takes the stupid kid cake....
      1. As a 14 year old I was in the process of trying to clean out my 400 pontiac motor before I put it back together for dads 67' GTO. I noticed a bit of surface rust in the lifter bores and decided that STEEL WOOL would clean that up nicely. After the neighbor guy noticed what I was doing he came over and promply told me I was a "goddamned idiot" and that "he couldnt believe someone was that f'ing stupid" I had to now flush every nook and cranny of that motor out. Im 25 and still hear about that like clockwork........rightfully so man, that was stupid.

2. I learned what Nation Pipe Tap was on a brand new Carter 130gph fuel pump. Idecided to tighten the fittings down in a bench vise and snapped the fitting hole right in 2.

3.I just got my new motor together and running and ready to drive. I got so Excited that I forgot to tighten my battery down in the trunk. Took the car out on the interstate, was going around a sweeping corner, and arc'd it right on the 1/4 panel passenger side. The marks are still there. Ive gotta fix em one of these days....

Yeah ive done some dumb ass stuff.......but you live and learn

Comment

Originally posted by 73Nova
        Man oh man where do I start......I think this one takes the stupid kid cake....
        1. As a 14 year old I was in the process of trying to clean out my 400 pontiac motor before I put it back together for dads 67' GTO. I noticed a bit of surface rust in the lifter bores and decided that STEEL WOOL would clean that up nicely. After the neighbor guy noticed what I was doing he came over and promply told me I was a "goddamned idiot" and that "he couldnt believe someone was that f'ing stupid" I had to now flush every nook and cranny of that motor out. Im 25 and still hear about that like clockwork........rightfully so man, that was stupid.
        ...stupid now yes, but it I bet it seemed a logica step when you were 14....

Comment

Yeah in defense of myself it did seem locical at the time. It was my first motor build and I was doing it basically myself with some plastigauge and used parts......that motor actually ran for about 4 years until I spun a bearing on an interstate on ramp. In the midst of a hard 3-4 shift. She went down in a blaze of glory!!!! HAHA

Comment

Working...
          X