Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veteran's role call....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    USMC - 1968-72 (1st Marine Division RVN 14 May 1970-11 May 1971)
    Drunk 1971-1983 (1st wife finally divorced me over it & probably saved my life in the process)
    NEANG 1983-2006 - RF-4C Crew Chief 1983-1994/Lead Crew Chief KC-135R 1994-2006
    Air Guard time was as a full-time CC from Feb 1984
    Been many, many places in the world because of the 135 days. Yup MALC, even Spain. Moron Dec 2001. We flew in & out of Afghan theater from there until Feb 2002. That was my 4th Christmas away from home over the years.
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

    Comment


    • #17
      ~1983-2006~ U.S. Army Military Police / National Guard / U.S. Army Reserve. 6 yrs Active, 23 total -Retired USAR-MSG.
      '86 Monte SS ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
      '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
      79 Trans Am project

      Comment


      • #18
        Builder Second Class '67-'70
        Thom

        "The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

        Comment


        • #19
          STG2 on USS Underwood (FFG-36) 1992-96

          Comment


          • #20
            Army, June 2001-June 2010. OH-58D Kiowa Warrior un-f***ing specialist and general pain in the ass...among other specialties!
            The former Remy-Z

            "Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by 67 Camaro View Post
              USMC - 1968-72 (1st Marine Division RVN 14 May 1970-11 May 1971)
              Drunk 1971-1983 (1st wife finally divorced me over it & probably saved my life in the process)
              NEANG 1983-2006 - RF-4C Crew Chief 1983-1994/Lead Crew Chief KC-135R 1994-2006
              Air Guard time was as a full-time CC from Feb 1984
              Been many, many places in the world because of the 135 days. Yup MALC, even Spain. Moron Dec 2001. We flew in & out of Afghan theater from there until Feb 2002. That was my 4th Christmas away from home over the years.
              very full time!
              my local unit (kc135) had a turn out rate that was synonymous with serial killer.
              I remained the youngest crew chief through all 6 years...enslaved.

              I met no one from 1971, after 1992.
              I am glad they kept you going. My sister is past her 20 now, glad to see the long term.
              I grew up in the guard thinking everything was death.

              I just encountered a chief , we enlisted near the same time...found me on facebook.

              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

              Comment


              • #22
                US Navy 81-86 NMCB 62
                "Seabees"

                Guam
                Puerto Rico
                Okinawa
                Deployments
                Last edited by V12guy; December 2, 2017, 04:53 PM.
                See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post

                  very full time!
                  my local unit (kc135) had a turn out rate that was synonymous with serial killer.
                  I remained the youngest crew chief through all 6 years...enslaved.

                  I met no one from 1971, after 1992.
                  I am glad they kept you going. My sister is past her 20 now, glad to see the long term.
                  I grew up in the guard thinking everything was death.

                  I just encountered a chief , we enlisted near the same time...found me on facebook.
                  After nine-eleven they put a freeze on all discharges. A couple of years later, when that was lifted, there was a mad dash out of the gate by everyone eligible. And that was most anyone still left on the old CSRS program. A couple of years later, when I was eligible to retire, they drug me into the colonels office & asked me to stay another six months. I was the most senior lead crew chief and there wasn't much experience behind me. Six months later, same song & dance. And again six months after that. Then it was "thanks for your help & have a good retirement".

                  So I went from the worst of it, USMC Vietnam to the best of it. KC-135R crew chief that got to sleep somewhere with a roof over my head. Even if it was in a line truck or on board the aircraft. I've got no complaints.
                  ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    U.S. Army 1985-1989 I was in the ELITE wing of the Army.......Signal Corps .

                    Nothing scares our enemies like a soldier with a security clearance and an o-scope emerging from a bunker!

                    My most dangerous mission was making the finals of the 1989 Army wrestling championships with a busted rib.

                    My inactive time was scattered with a few letters from Uncle Sam telling me I might get a free trip the the desert. Thankfully, I never got that call

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Four years Air Force Academy then a month shy of twelve years active Air Force before they pulled the plug on me during my fourth RIF. Spent my first 7 years as a research physicist then converted over into a nuclear physicist making Maj then finding out I got RIF'd when they put me in for Lt Col early (standard practice, I wasn't competitive).

                      Since then I survived a serious bout of lawyer restrictions to land a job where I work now at a National Laboratory as an explosives experimental physicist. Been a good ride, wish it was a 20yr hitch but this job is the coolest job I can imagine hands down and they don't hire very frequently. Seriously the last guy they hired before me and two other guys for the job was about 12yrs earlier. Loving it!
                      Central TEXAS Sleeper
                      USAF Physicist

                      ROA# 9790

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        We are getting more nubee vets, so, Bump....
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          U.S.M.C., 1976 - 1980, Sergeant E-5, F-4 Plane Captain, VMFP-3, VMFA-112 Click image for larger version

Name:	VMFP-3.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1187263Click image for larger version

Name:	112.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1187266
                          Attached Files
                          2018 Long Hauler
                          1965 Chevy C10 SWB Stepside
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/781158065608127/

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            USAF 1966-1969. C-130 and C-47 (RVN)Airborne Electronics Tech for Security Service. When stationed in Tampa at MacDill AFB, it was a big F-4 training base. The joke was "One a day in Tampa Bay". wasn't quite that bad, but sure saw a lot of bailouts!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by FREDMAXX View Post
                              U.S.M.C., 1976 - 1980, Sergeant E-5, F-4 Plane Captain, VMFP-3, VMFA-112 Click image for larger version

Name:	VMFP-3.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1187263Click image for larger version

Name:	112.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1187266
                              That RF looks familiar. That is what we flew here in Lincoln. Must be display though. No engines.
                              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                US Air Force Security Police 1983-1992 E-4 Sgt. Missile Security at Ellsworth AFB, SD. M-60 & M203 Specialist. Air Base Ground Defense 327 identifier.

                                Tim
                                '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
                                '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
                                2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X