Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best water in maine ?!

Weird contest.

The Cross Insurance Center in Bangor hosted the Maine Rural Water Association’s 31st Drinking Water Taste Test.

that guy in the end is the maintenance man,
    town hall apartments is my address.

the boil order was finally lifted after we had no water at all.

All my water is through a 30 cup coffee maker.

my personal vote is Hampden maine, city water.
    I look forward to showers at my dads place to get town hall apartments off of me.

maybe this is one of those LePage kind of reversals.. put the loser on the podium..

My.Weymouth is also the defender of the self burning monk (gene hanson) that attacks people randomly.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

We have a well tapped into an aquifer and it's the sweetest I've ever tasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
      We have a well tapped into an aquifer and it's the sweetest I've ever tasted.
      I had learned of artisan, out west.

maine is alkalinic at best, like a potato I never eat.
      lots of iron, as if the land scrubs to nano particles.. waters that turn rusty through plastic pipes.

it attracts a certain dyslexic goopy head crowd ya know..
      Previously boxer3main

Comment

Well water here. I think my well is 425'. Great water! I had to shock my well a couple years back, it started to get a sulfur smell. I called the local gas company, I have 8 gas wells with in a half mile radius. I called the company who's field I'm in. They were right there testing the water then the state. It was just bacteria the bleach killed.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
          Well water here. I think my well is 425'. Great water! I had to shock my well a couple years back, it started to get a sulfur smell. I called the local gas company, I have 8 gas wells with in a half mile radius. I called the company who's field I'm in. They were right there testing the water then the state. It was just bacteria the bleach killed.
          That's a good call, but they have to "add" the sulfur smell to natural gas. It doesn't smell that way coming out of the pocket.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

we're on a community well. It's 40' - the problem is it's 40' .... we have manganese, which isn't bad for you but tastes terrible and also will eventually fill your pipes with scale so I treat our water. I keep the sulfur smell away with a charcoal pre-filter. That said, water costs $125/year so it's a pretty good deal.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

anybody use deionizers? it is expensive...used to be gov't stuff.

I first moved out here, it was just like I was a battery getting drained.
              maybe I'll credit this place for saving my life..but cannot be sure.

I am an air force vet, worked nothing but planes and machines ..active times.

my clutch pedal still knows my foot is there, if I don't keep it rubbered.

some smart waters out there.
              Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
              X