"Street Car".... loose term....define it yourself here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Street Car".... loose term....define it yourself here

I just picked up the latest Hot Rod mag issue and saw the article on Drag Week
    I see the Camaro that won and it looks like quite a nice car. He did drive it for the week, so it is streetable
    Larry Larsons car is one that impresses me. I talked with him a couple of years ago on the phone about his car
    I asked him quite a bit about the Lenco and the big blower
    He told me that they went out, did their passes and went back to the motel to relax for the evenings...he just drove it and then went for a BBQ
    He did this with no trailer either. He also told me he drives it to and from the track at about 45 min for one way
    Blown and running a Lenco with no trailer for parts, makes this for a very impressive ride. I consider that car very streetable
    In Canada things are different. I was asking about insurance for my car last summer and developed quite a headache in the process
    Since my car is a new build(was not out last summer due to money and engine delays) it may not be acceptable to insure. If I had ran the car for years I would be grandfathered and in a better position for insurance
    Once insurance found out the car was tubbed and caged(well hidden cage) I was quizzed considerably about me street racing it . Once they get pics of my car they can decide whether they think it is a race car and deny you for insurance.
    Having a funny car cage in a new car would result in me not geting insured. I will put the tunnel ram on(different hood also) once it is insured, but at first, I want to be careful
    Some areas won't have the same problems as I do, but some states will be just as bad or worse
    If I could get away with more legally, then I would do it
    take care
    Tom

Comment

Re: "Street Car".... loose term....define it yourself here

I agree with that . Once the preasures of sending kids of to school one of my birds is going to become the evil twin ! Here we have no inspections . We used to back when I was a kid but the system was so currupt that when a city councilman showed up for a meeting with 5 (the inspection station was supposed to affix it to the window) that they eliminated it in the 70's .As long as we don't get too many ozone action/warning days we won't even have to go to a sniffer test.

Comment

Working...
      X