Downtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtime

It's cold outside, sometimes even here in Tennessee, we're getting into the off-season. What to do with the time? This time, I've been dealing with the "hurt up"" thing, which is neither here nor there. It's been quite a spell this time, but I'll get over it and back up to speed, emphasis SPEED. I've got a heater for the garage (Thanks so MUCH again Dan Stokes!) but have not been fit to even jack Red up and get under him in a while and tinker on a few things I think need doing on him.

So, what to do? And add retirement on top of that. Time, time, time, glorious time available. I've found that I like Monday through Friday even more than Saturday and Sunday, because during the weekdays I get the sense that the poor schmucks at the salt mine are battling something I don't have to worry about anymore.

Victor pointed out at GHI last time there, RE retirement, "You've got to do something that engages your mind. You have to keep your mind busy." Well taken.

Give me hell for it, make fun of it, Unit and I have passed a lot of time doing jigsaw puzzles. It's warm in the house, it takes no physical exertion, it occupies the mind for hours at a time. perfect therapy. and great decoration in the garage, on the ceiling. There's lots of room on the garage ceiling for an art (puzzle) gallery). On the day when I can lift my arms above my head well enough to install them on the ceiling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010029.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	1183139
    Remember this one below? OUCH!!!!

Name:	P1010030.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	1183140

Name:	P1010038.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	1183141

Name:	P1010039.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	1183142

Name:	P1010033.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	1183143

Name:	P1010034.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	1183144

Name:	P1010035.JPG
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	1183145

Name:	P1010036.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	1183146
    The one above - look at this 57 Chevy. Maybe you guys can help me with this. I think this is an imaginary car, I think. There is no B-Pillar. But the side glass of course goes all the way to the back. I don't think so. At least I don't think so, so I probably need some correcting and educating.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

maybe it's time to take an old thing and make it new.... you know, something in the 68 Mustang fastback shape....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Nothing wrong with puzzles. I haven't did one in a long time. I actually got it done in a year when the box clearly said 3-5 years.

Tim
      '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
      '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
      2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

Comment

Originally posted by PT Sportwagon View Post
        Nothing wrong with puzzles. I haven't did one in a long time. I actually got it done in a year when the box clearly said 3-5 years.

Tim
        HAHAhahAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My wife and granddaughter love puzzles.. Me? No patience.
          I do "play "Words with Friends" with my 86 yr old mom and my wife.. Helps keep mind little honed.
          Used to sit in a cold travel trailer and carve/whittle, have not done that in some time, thanks to this Arthur Itis fella.
          Have a couple carbs needing rebuilt.. Puzzle enough..
          Set up my horse shoes last fall.. Ohhh what a mistake!

Comment

You guys haven't said anything about the 57 Chevy. That ain't real. You couldn't open the door without busting the side glass.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
              You guys haven't said anything about the 57 Chevy. That ain't real. You couldn't open the door without busting the side glass.
              Are the side windows down? Maybe that reflection is from the inside of the windshield. Just trying to make some sense of it.

Dan

Comment

Very rare option . It comes up at an angle from the quarter panel like a submarine surfacing. then once the glass touches the A pillar,the rear pivots up . This has to be done every time the door is opened . This would have been troublesome but a remote fob came with this option on the last 10% of the production run.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It's a puzzle, you put the wrong piece there...

Comment

It's a Monkey garage custom.
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Yes, the artist messed up. If it bugs you that bad, get a couple pens and draw in a post.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Yes, the artist messed up. If it bugs you that bad, get a couple pens and draw in a post.
                        Who needs ink pens?

There. I fixed it. Better than new.

Name:	P1010037Fixed.jpg
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	1183198

Comment

Never had a jigsaw puzzle with all the pieces present....

I've often thought about going back to building 1/18 scale model cars.....(25th scale is too small) but I donīt have time.....

Right now Iīve got to get under the daily driver to replace a short piece of rubber hose, thatīs my therapy...

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post

burn:
                            Lots of mad going on there malc. Mad for me is when the right rear caliper keeps leaking at the same race track.

We are fortunate enough to be able to race, to have a car that will do it better than the driver can. And to do it so many times and get passed so many times that we just got tired of trying. And I worked 41 years for the same company and then got terminated, but it worked out well. So I'm sitting on my ass enjoying the end of it, as much as I can.

Mad? I don't see much room for mad. Mad doesn't make much sense now, but it used to be a way of life.
                            Last edited by pdub; December 18, 2017, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Yup...a lot oīmad....

Some chebbies did come pillarless.....

Name:	Pillarless_57.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1183236

Comment

Working...
                              X