No announcement yet.

Hotrod Exhaust Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pdub, you may want to look into if you'll have to reprogram the ECU with a different exhaust and/or intake. I have a 2014 F150 crew cab with the Coyote motor. Man does that thing haul a$$. I was looking on a F150 about different exhaust just to humor myself. Not only would a aftermarket be expensive and drone but the ECU would have to be reprogrammed.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Remember..duct tape can and does lift paint!
      "the ECU would have to be reprogrammed."

A.) Yep, don't want that on Unit's nice car.

B.) I've got the tuner. Supposedly, it comes with lifetime "free" tunes to follow whatever you add onto the setup. Just contact them and they'll send you a new tune. Supposedly, I haven't tried that. The tuner attaches itself to the car, by VIN number. It memorizes the stock tune and then it puts whatever tune you ordered onto the car, and then it's a button push to go back to the stock tune. Bluebelle's "race" tune is right there waiting. Race car/grocery getter. On/Off.

But back to aero, with only a very few more MPH being the goal....what about Bear Bond? That's the NASCAR stuff, the latest 200 mph tape they use to even hold fenders on. It comes in all sorts of widths, but what about that stuff? Will that pull paint and chrome off and gum up the car like duct tape does?
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I think your car would be just fine without a re-tune. The stock system is more then capable of accounting for those minor changes - if it weren't, then driving across the Rockies would be impossible.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          I think your car would be just fine without a re-tune. The stock system is more then capable of accounting for those minor changes - if it weren't, then driving across the Rockies would be impossible.
          But oh my gosh, what a performance tune does do to a late model computerized car. It's astounding. It unleashes the beast within. It does, it's amazing. Nearly hard to believe, the difference. The newer cars are so dumbed down to be safe for the general sheep population, there's LOTS more car in there that you already bought, they are literally hiding it behind the programming.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Remember..duct tape can and does lift paint!
            So then it should be important to order duck tape that matches the factory paint!

Comment

Are you running Time Only? Otherwise, tape and cardboard changes class. Get the stuff to make a fresh air intake system from Silicone Intake Systems - VERY cheap and even you can figure this out.

Dan

Comment

I like the programmed tune idea.
                I found even the first hacks on the gm trucks were simply 3 tiers.
                one was grandpa, the last one had a fast ramp..not just fuel.

fuel map and timing.. then it dials in the tuned demand.

my 96 gained its own speed limiter back after adding high flow cat. I am glad that 105mph stopper is there.

the fuision being so new, I bet they added some hidden fun.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 21, 2017, 08:08 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                X