Baja...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baja...

Well guys I'm leaving you with it for a while... Been a fun couple of days... but this is a computer and real life will Win out everytime...

It's off to the Baja 1000... Should be a large time...

If you haven't posted yet... take a minute and do so... same goes for the Introductions... seriously let us know who you are... so those of us that use the board have an idea who we are talking to... it's really helpful to know a guy has every welder in the world before you start teaching him how to strike an arc.... your level of experience is usually reflected in your cars, but not always...

Thanks again for the fun... see you next week...

Keith Turk, Land Speed racer, general flunky

Re: Baja...

Be safe, Can't wait to hear the stories!! ;D

Comment

One last thing ... Paul... what do you want to bet that the board will be over 1000 members before I return Next Friday?

If just 10% of the folks here went thru thier address book and sent a note about this forum to the hard core Junkies... we'd be over 3000 but.... lets not be greedy... and just say the site will have the over 1000 in less then 2 weeks...

K

Comment

Have fun and enjoy. Don't Drink the Water. :o
        HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Have fun and if racing be safe and watch out for the booby traps set by spectators

A friend of mine (Eric Lemely) from WV goes out every year to run in one of the quad classes.

Comment

Have fun. A friend of mine (John Sandberg) will be there with a factory team from Arctic Cat that's running in the side-by-side ATV class. Who knew there even was a side-by-side ATV class?? If you see them, say Hi for me.

Comment

K, I never take bets I will lose!!!! We still have at least 75 Drag week and who knows how many PGD guys that have not checked in!!

Comment

Turk showed up here today, zero smoking and everything. We moved a ginormous volume of garbage into and out of my garage today to get all our poop in a group before moving into our new shop. Man, there's a lot of junk. Tomorrow we start attacking the stash at the Hot Rod shop.

Comment

remember the oly? We lived in Ensenada for a year in 1973/4, here's a few from the beginning of the 73 race

sounds like fun, although I have no desire to go to mexico at all...zip....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Cool shots. Back then, you could always count on Parenlli's hair to liven up a cocktail party.

One of the best things at this year's Baja is the 40th anniversary parade of historic cars driving from Tijuana to Ensenada. I think Big Oly is one of them.

Comment

You read my mind, David. All I seem to remember was Parnelli's crazy comeover dancing around in those desert winds.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Stay away from Mexico, not safe anymore

Comment

Yeah, you might catch a really really mild case of the flu. It could kill you if you're 1. poor, 2. old, 3. an invalid, 4. a baby...and you don't seek medical attention.
                          1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                          1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS
                            Yeah, you might catch a really really mild case of the flu. It could kill you if you're 1. poor, 2. old, 3. an invalid, 4. a baby...and you don't seek medical attention.
                            I think there is more concern over the Drug Gangs........ Bullets are a little tougher to cure. The warning was out long before the Swine Flu stuff.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Went to Wally-world today to get a cheap pair of shoes to replace the ones that don't keep my feet dry anymore and ran into one of those people so freaked out the he was wearing a dust mask hoping to keep from catching a virus. Seriously, some people need a better understanding of biology.
                              1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                              1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Working...
                              X