Nascar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar

Why does NASCAR not having blocking rule?

Most the accidents today were caused by drivers who were trying to block other drivers from passing them!

Why not have a rule that simply say's any driver that NASCAR deems is blocking gets sent the the rear of the longest line.

Looking at all the race cars that were wrecked because of some idiot blocking is just stupid and crazy to me.

Jimbo17
    Largest selection of old racing decals and stickers in the USA

I watched the end of the Junior race yesterday. Because I just love Daytona. I just love to see that track after having driven on it. It took them five tries in overtime yesterday for them to make a single lap under green. They kept on wrecking. You've got 20-year olds who can't possibly die and they just kept on wrecking, every time. Win or die. It was great entertainment.

But I forgot to watch the Big Race today, got involved in some things around the house. Didn't see it at all.

But the blocking thing, they were talking about that yesterday. Block block block. Swerve and block. Those cars work so well now that they can do that. Before some modifications to the front valence that came into effect this year, they were mostly just aiming those cars, not driving them.

Yesterday they penalized two teammates for locking bumpers, pushing. They made them both go to the pits. You can tap and bump, but don't lock up bumpers and push.

NASCAR is the most fumbling bunch of rules makers in the world. They react, and over-react, and poorly, to whatever happens on the track. That governing body is inept.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

3 laps left, had to hustle and get wood in.. Never knew that Austin Dillhead was a contendor.. Grandpa bought his victory..

Comment

I've got the solution. I'm on it. The solution to Daytona and Talladega.

They've already taken out the grandstands on the back straight at Daytona, they can't sell those tickets, can't fill those seats.

So, at those two super speedways, close out the bottom 20 rows of the grandstands on the front straight, in the tri-oval. That way, car parts won't hit the spectators when they wreck on the track.

Do that, and lettum go. No restrictions. 218 mph, lettum race. The drivers might love that, and the very few fans might like it too.
        Last edited by pdub; February 18, 2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Allow big blocks again!

Comment

I watched some and slept through some. What I saw of the first two wrecks was that someone was blocking in an attempt to win that portion of the race. Why did NASCAR break the races into sectors, or quadrants, or portions, or whatever they are calling them. All the sudden everyone has to pit at one time? It's as if it's three races in one with two small winners and a large winner. It makes no sense but that's why I stopped watching regularly. If it wasn't colder than.....in Ky in February, I'd be playing with my own toys. jmo(s)
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

wife reading over my shoulder had 2 comments--

N.A.S.C.A.R. stands for
              Non
              Athletic
              Sport
              Centered
              Around
              Rednecks

and that "you could flush a big bag of m&m's down the toilet
              anytime you want to see a nascar race".......

pretty dang funny.

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                wife reading over my shoulder had 2 comments--

N.A.S.C.A.R. stands for
                Non
                Athletic
                Sport
                Centered
                Around
                Rednecks

and that "you could flush a big bag of m&m's down the toilet
                anytime you want to see a nascar race".......

pretty dang funny.
                Don't you realize what spurred GM engineers to build the modern V8 for all of it's vehicles much less your beloved MKIV big block? the same can be said for the venerable HEMI, and the SOHC and BOSS 427s?
                Last edited by silver_bullet; February 19, 2018, 01:01 PM.
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

It ain't racing...............single file parade lap. I actually went on Youtube and watched several Daytona's from the sixties and seventies.....that was racing.
                  Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                  The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                    It ain't racing...............single file parade lap. I actually went on Youtube and watched several Daytona's from the sixties and seventies.....that was racing.
                    Yeah, I love that term Dave - single file parade lap.

We've done so many track days on road courses, and a few of them have been days to remember, unlimited fun and permanent joy. But maybe the majority of those track days, they put so many cars out there on the track at the same time....I understand that, it's an event to make money from entry fees after all. But, so many cars that we all end up lined up nose to tail just driving around like downtown in traffic.
                    Last edited by pdub; February 19, 2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

As for atheletes.. I have to call them that.. Takes some stamina not to piss yoirself running circles... Sitting in a car that may spin out any second..

But the races themselves are boring.. Be like watching a gaggle of stock beetles trying to get ahead of each other

Comment

I've stated it before on several occasions; NASCAR needs to go back to it's roots of basing their brand on "Stock" cars... IE "When NASCAR was first formed by Bill France, Sr. in 1948 to regulate stock car racing in the U.S., there was a requirement that any car entered be made entirely of parts available to the general public through automobile dealers. Additionally, the cars had to be models that had sold more than 500 units to the public. This is referred to as "homologation". In NASCAR's early years, the cars were so "stock" that it was commonplace for the drivers to drive themselves to the competitions in the car that they were going to run in the race. While automobile engine technology had remained fairly stagnant in World War II, advanced aircraft piston engine development had provided a great deal of available data, and NASCAR was formed just as some of the improved technology was about to become available in production cars.Until the advent of the Trans-Am Series in 1967, NASCAR homologation cars were the closest thing that the public could buy that was actually very similar to the cars that were winning national races."
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Patrick, it's not what it was, and there's no way to fix it. The fan base is different, the drivers are different. It's a lost cause.

I watched the paper industry die, from the inside. Until I got fired at just the right time, I was ready to quit anyhow.

NASCAR is a dead thing. It's just not through dying.

Comment

I really think they could learn from this: http://www.supercars.com/championship/
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRg6lt_QlGNzBg8AtrM3pfExB  xRxwKgE1-oqmJ6cHrt5wLf8TUK.jpg Views:	1 Size:	25.8 KB ID:	1190775
                            blob:[url]http://www.supercars.com/3...[/url]
                            Last edited by silver_bullet; February 19, 2018, 05:52 PM.
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Amen.

But it's about the market

Comment

Working...
                              X