No announcement yet.

PSA - Pay Attention to the Clothes Dryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy you guys found and corrected the issue before the house burned to the ground....
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Appliance repair/parts man said that you go thru elements if there is not enough flow..
      I have had elements go bad and drop on the bottom.. Can see black tracks..
      Rather easy to change most elements and thermostats.. Just...to me at least..a dirty sweaty crampy job..

Up the street a young couple bought property, tore down the house, big fence and new house but were not allowed to move in for 2 years.. Had to tear some stuff apart so it could be inspected.. Was told all houses need big signs that say "COO approved"... but they are never up long..

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
        Oh for the love of Mike. And I bet anything that home had to have an occupancy “inspection” by the local who-zit before being occupied. Simply wonderful.

Glad you found it and it was a relatively simple fix.
        Hell, we paid for a home inspection! Vent check? NOPE!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Home Inspections are worthless, in my opinion. We had one done here too. They didn't find the sock that was hiding the plumbing leak in the kitchen. They couldn't test the heating and air system due to the season? Oh but when you are the seller, they seem to find everything. down to a loose screw. Bah humbug.

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
            Home Inspections are worthless, in my opinion. We had one done here too. They didn't find the sock that was hiding the plumbing leak in the kitchen. They couldn't test the heating and air system due to the season? Oh but when you are the seller, they seem to find everything. down to a loose screw. Bah humbug.
            Honey, don't forget the whole house is falling in at the foundation.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

Hell, we paid for a home inspection! Vent check? NOPE!
              Time to ask for a refund
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
              X