• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thing(s)

It's really about it.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Things you own or rent
    Things others want you to repair, repair being relative...

Comment

another thing

carbon fiber C3 Corvette

Comment

and so it begins....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Back in the 70s, I kinda liked them.

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-have-stuff.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	1192875
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
              and so it begins....
              Yeeeepppp...

As a kid, the neighbors we had across the street...pretty cool young couple...had a '66 or so (very used) Porsche 911 then bought a brand-new Thing. I didn't quite get why anybody would want these flat-four cars that weren't American like our V8 Chevys but whatever. I put a bit of effort into making a wooden copy/toy of the Thing partly as a gift for them to gift to their little boy and partly that because of all those straight panels it was possible to do. They loved it and wouldn't give it to their child as they said he'd just break it. I kinda liked Things ever since. The man corrupted me by playing record albums and giving me his old rock 'n roll cassettes, the gal went the other way into cult-level religion. Divorce for them happened later, distressing. Don't know what happened to either car.

Things in general; since we live here in this real world and are given hands and a mind, get in there and make things. Obvious. Of course we can't take 'em with us, that's not the point.

Provided to YouTube by Rhino/Warner RecordsSick Things · Alice CooperBillion Dollar Babies℗ 1973 Warner Records Inc.Lead Vocals: Alice CooperProducer: Bob E...
              Last edited by Loren; March 7, 2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Things just ain't what they used to be......

Comment

Back up to the datsun . I alway find it interesting when people take technology and make it do the opposite of what it was designed to do . Normally carbon fiber is used to lighten stuff but in this case thwy are adding it to a hard top . I'm sure it looks good though .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                    Back up to the datsun . I alway find it interesting when people take technology and make it do the opposite of what it was designed to do . Normally carbon fiber is used to lighten stuff but in this case thwy are adding it to a hard top . I'm sure it looks good though .
                    -ish. they're making the parts, the cutting the metal out. For example, the roof they cut a huge hole in it then attached the carbon to the remaining edges. there's a bunch of videos -

Things are now collectible and sell for 25k.... https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...ERTIBLE-189446

Comment

During my Baja Boats days we built a couple of "Show Boats" from Carbon Fiber instead of Fiberglass. They used the carbon fiber look to the full extreme, entire hull & deck were visibly made of it. Boats turned out very lightweight, but they had this bad habit of being somewhat porous.

Not something you'd want to leave in the water overnight. Trailer-boating only. They came back after the show circuit and were parted and demo'd.
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

wait a minute, you own a jet boat - those never fail to not leak.

Comment

You jinxed me.... I saw a dreaded thing on the way home from work....right here smack in the middle of the rust belt.....
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Did the "dreaded thing" see you ?

Comment

I'd be hard to miss....It appeared to e fairly clean, but with drab olive paint and a military themed paint and accessory scheme, looks may be deceiving...
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                              X