Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That feeling

Hey all,

Good day with the wrenches today. Some of you probably saw the photos of my old tractor project from a couple of weeks back. I've been steadily working toward bringing it back to life (had not been started in 10 years). Trying to find parts for a 67 year old tractor ain't easy so it's been a fun experience of reconditioning all the original parts on the tractor. The only "new" piece on the thing is a battery. Everything else was attached to the machine when I got it and was either gummed up, seized up, or so skanky from lack of use it needed help.

Long story short...I finally got it fired up today and I got "that feeling". I've had the first start of a new motor feeling before, but bringing one back to life (after a decade with one foot in the grave) is a new one for me...and it rules. I'm sure everyone on this forum knows "that feeling". It's one that people who aren't into cars/motorcycles/tractors/mechanical stuff, never get to experience and it's their loss.

162ci of flathead 4-cylinder with 6:1 compression a beyond miniscule cam and an open pipe never sounded so good.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: That feeling

Wheres some Pics!! Yep its a special feeling. I have a 49 john deere A model that my grandad bought new. It get a feeling like that every time I crank it up.

Comment

Comment

Carb's missing in this one...

Comment

I'm guessing a 32.07 @ 6mph

but very cool

Comment

no comprende...

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
              I'm guessing a 32.07 @ 6mph

but very cool
              I think he's referring to it's 1/4 mile time ;D

My '47 Farmall H has a "road gear" and is down right scary at 25 mph! No suspension other than sidewall flex in the 12-4 X 38 "road & Field" tires on the back :o

Comment

Anytime you've brought a piece of internal combustion machinery

back from the brink like you have, there's a "bond" between U2.

When you hear it chug to life, you know you made that heartbeat possible! -- 8)

Comment

The FEELING, along with personal History, especially if it came from Dad or Grandpa, makes it a milestone worthy of sharing. And a useful piece of equipment makes it even better.

Comment

magical isn't it?

Even if it's a tractor...

Keith ( I love the tractor by the way... but expect defication... mostly cause it's YOU Brian and I know it's always best to be on OFFENSE with you... )

( okay here's my guess Brian has to drive a tractor cause he got his Kia taken away by the spouse for buying a Motorcycle )....

Comment

Hey!
                      I resemble that remark.
                      But, with some work that Trractor would look cool with a parachute hanging off the back.

Comment

Fact: Did score a motorcycle...old British lump. It is currently at a safe house (my office) until I formulate the proper reasoning to present it to my loving wife.

Fiction: Never owned, thought of owning, nearly owned, or accidently owned a Kia. For better or worse my wife and I have always bought American stuff for our primary movers. I'm not a "to hell with them" kinda guy, but it's a choice we make when shopping for family trucksters.

My DD was a 6 liter Powerstroke powered F250...till my company provided me with a gasser F350...which is way less cool, but by my math 100% cheaper.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X